Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

So...Could you tell me, what shoud i do, to understand more, when i'm listening an english?

Learning new words, self-training in English conversations and even watching english movies without polish subs. Sometimes, and this is totally off your questions, when you are talking with guy from America, England - even if you know perfect the English language you can't understand other person, 'cos it talking fast. So it'll be nothing bad to say: "please, speak slower please" ;)

Greetings.

Improvement in English=> I Think the best way of improvement is to get "exposed" to english. Watching movies without subtitles is a great start even if you have to rewind a given part over and over again to check up new vocabulary .Reading can be another, even better, method because you don't have to worry about making a mistake in spelling and correct understanding of a given accent.

Learning new words, self-training in English conversations and even watching english movies without polish subs.

I know. I do it. But i thought about special training. Maybe is a special program on PC?

And yes. Sometimes i don't understand, because person, who is talking, is talking too fast. But it's on TV. :P

SITA method? I have never heard about it. But maybe. I will ask my friends. Maybe somebody knows that.

Anyway. Thanks for your help. I hope, my english will be better.

A...I have forgotten.

I wish i had a scotish accent. I love it :).

Nicek, I have the same problem like you (:

And there's one more thing: If you see a word you read it and everything is OK. But if you hear this word you couldn't understand it because it sounds like something else XD

Yes, I heard about SITA... It may be very useful ^^

First of all - Hi Chaos, old mate :)

And there's one more thing: If you see a word you read it and everything is OK. But if you hear this word you couldn't understand it because it sounds like something else XD

IMO its matter is bad teaching level in our schools. Too many theory and grammar, and definitely too little speaking and spelling. If you practice English you get some feeling how spell each word. Or you should have a little "gift". I. e. I can read quite fluently in German, but I don't understand much.

Practice, practice, practice. It's my tip for you. Even with your colleagues. It's better than cramming words without spelling.

Hi Tur.Long time no see ;)

SITA=> I study english for some time now and in all these years I didn't met with anyone who mentioned it.Teachers in my school in Torun never one spoke of it - even during my methodology classes.On that basis I cannot recommend it or criticize it .The thing I am aware of about SITa that it is very expensive( and in terms of expensive I mean alike 1000zł or more expensive).

First of all - Hi Chaos, old mate :)

IMO its matter is bad teaching level in our schools. Too many theory and grammar, and definitely too little speaking and spelling. If you practice English you get some feeling how spell each word. Or you should have a little "gift". I. e. I can read quite fluently in German, but I don't understand much.

Practice, practice, practice. It's my tip for you. Even with your colleagues. It's better than cramming words without spelling.

You're dead right! Theory, new words, grammar - they are everywhere. The biggest text which I read was about... one page? And it is necessary to divide this text on a whole class. One pupil will have only several sentences for speaking. It's definitely not enough. In my school we just have to WRITE a presentation. What about the speaking? We don't speak, well. Maybe later.

The "gift", yes, but it's not always effective.

It's true.

Maybe now, I won't be humble (humble? Is it good word? :)).

In my class, IMVVVVVHO i'm the best. But my english isn't perfect. My english is...good. I'm 17 and i think, to english books aren't big problem. (HP 5 in original version. Lovely (: )

But i have a problems with spelling. When i have to spell my name i have a little problem. Why?

Because I haven't had spelling in my school. (Okay, i had, but maybe 2-3 lesson since 2002).

Yes, i have been learning in home, but still, i have a little problems.

What's the point? Polish schools are the best :>

Nicek, I have the same problem like you (:

It's normal. You're my mom :)

Heh, in my class there are ONLY three very good assessments in English, even in German (it's a language profile == yeees.) and to be honest, I'm one of them XD

I'm very glad that I'm good in English. Maybe not perfect but I hope that everything will be OK (: ech, finally I decided to write an expanded secondary studies examination from English...

My son! It's impossible that you have inherited my weakness! ;p I hope you'll find your best way to master English ^^

May the force be with you! ;D

I wish i had a scotish accent. I love it .

Aye, I'm with ya there, mate. Shcottish shure shoundsh aweshome.

Irish (Airrreesh?) too.

What's the point? Polish schools are the best :>

Heresy! Heresy, I say! Everything I know is either self-taught or learned in a private class I attended years ago. The fact that in high school I had a different English teacher each year didn't help much.

Ohh, sweet lord! I hate these accents + welsh! When I have to understand sb who speaks like that I easily lose my temper ;]

So I prefer oryginal London accent but sometimes I find it difficult to imitate it.

I think that american and irish accents are much simpler to understanding than others. The British accent is indistinct and hard to understand, because people lisp. I better understand interview with hollywood, american star than match commentary. Don't worry. Only "live practice" can help us :) .

I think that american and irish accents are much simpler to understanding than others.

And african! Seriously. I had listen* few of theme and they speak very clearly, so it's easy to understand what they want to say.

I better understand interview with hollywood, american star than match commentary.

But the Texas accent is so dirty, unclearly and incomprehensible! When they say something, it sounds like swarm of bees or something. I really hate it. And british accent - it's hard to understand but I like it. I don't know why. It's just nice. :)

* It is a correct form? I have problem with tenses all the time.

And hello in this topic, it's my first post here. And probably the last one, beacuse I see how weak my English is. Maybe I should work hard, Matura exam is coming, but I'am really lazy. 8-)

Please do not be offended if I point out some mistakes - that's just my education deviation. Please point out my mistakes too.

Heh, in my class there are ONLY three very good assessments in English, even in German (it's a language profile == yeees.) and to be honest, I'm one of them XD

You are an assessment? Too bad for you. And to be serious - you used a wrong word and then finished it in a strange way. First of all - assessment is not used as the equivalent of Polish "ocena" - that would be "grade" or "mark". A test can be an assessement of something, a you get grades for something. But in the end we have something that suggests: "W klasie są tylko 3 bardzo dobre oceny, a ja jestem jedną z nich". But this probably was just a mistake caused by haste.

I think that american and irish accents are much simpler to understanding than others. The British accent is indistinct and hard to understand, because people lisp. I better understand interview with hollywood, american star than match commentary. Don't worry.

First of all "simpler to understand", without the "-ing". Secondly - indistict would rather mean an accent hard to distinguish from other accents. So someone with an indistinct accent would speak in a way which would make it impossible to tell where he/she is from. Incomprehensible would better fit the context. But that are just linguistic remarks. Now to the fun part.

There is no such thing as an American or British accent. Well not in a "natural" situation at least. The accents which we know as American and British are artificial invention which simplify teaching English as a foreign language (ESL - a nice acronym to remember). They are spoken be the Queen and BBC people or CNN presenters but not in everyday life. That is a bit of a generalisation beacause the American standard (the so called General American) evolved from some Midwestern dialects (get to know more: General American). RP, Received Pronounciation, is also called Queen's English and it's spoken by about 2% of Britons. People use it mainly because it's the prestigous thing to do. On the other hand - in some situation using it may make you look funny and a bit snobbish. (learn more: Received Pronounciation).

And another thing - Irish is better than British? I have to congratulate you - you have better Irish-listening skill than me :P I still have problem with it.

I had listen* few of them...

You just forgot the "-ed" ;)

And for all the lovers of the Scottish accent:

Youtube Video ->
Oryginalne wideo

Please do not be offended if I point out some mistakes - that's just my education deviation. Please point out my mistakes too.

I had listen* few of them...

You just forgot the "-ed" ;)

Lack of "-ed" is the first one of your mistakes, the second one, which is much more crucial was using past perfect tense. You should have used present perfect ;) POLI :) I'm also preparing for matura test... Btw. How many percentage points did you get from trial exam?

Lack of "-ed" is the first one of your mistakes, the second one, which is much more crucial was using past perfect tense. You should have used present perfect ;) POLI :) I'm also preparing for matura test... Btw. How many percentage points did you get from trial exam?

70 and 92%, but the second one was really easy. Bloody matura... I am not preparing for it, I'am only waiting - it's a difference I think. :) And when you speak about present perfect, I should know what kind of tense it is, but I don't. Really bad approach but I'm so lazy. I can ask for help, I can buy beer, so if I'll go some day to America, England or something, I'll keep up. I hope so. :P

You are an assessment? Too bad for you. And to be serious - you used a wrong word and then finished it in a strange way. First of all - assessment is not used as the equivalent of Polish "ocena" - that would be "grade" or "mark". A test can be an assessement of something, a you get grades for something. But in the end we have something that suggests: "W klasie są tylko 3 bardzo dobre oceny, a ja jestem jedną z nich". But this probably was just a mistake caused by haste.

Aaach! *stupidstupid* XD yes, I see. Huh, my fault XD well, accidents happen. Thanks for paying attention to my mistakes ^^

Heh. When somebody tell me about my mistakes, i' ll be happy.

Why? because i think, this topic may be very good way to study english.

And i need to say somethink.

I'm so sorry POLI, but i must do it :P.

if I'll go some day to America, England or something, I'll keep up.

It's a 1st conditional, so you should wrote:

"If i* go some day to America, England, I'll keep up"

*without will

I know. It isn't a big mistake, but i have been learning it long time, so now i have a little trauma :).

But everything is okay. I'm fine. (I hope so).

And i have a question to you. Again ;P.

How long does it take you to learn a new words. I'm talking about...50-60 new words.

Do you know it?

I have curiosity for you. You are used word "matura". My teacher said that it had been not appropiate word. Examining board won't recognize it for correct word if use it. The correct word is "school leaving exam". You will never guess, won't you? :P

Thx all for advices. I will be grateful if you help me and correct my mistakes :).

Jesus Christ, that Robin Williams clip was awesome XD

As for "matura" vs. "school leaving exam"... I'd still use matura :o). Because you don't say "egzamin kończący szkołę", just "matura". Yeah, if you want to tell someone who doesn't know what matura is, you could say "you know, it's our school leaving exam". But here in Poland, "matura" refers to one, specific thing...

mateusz(stefan) => I checked ling.pl, exchanged opinions with two friends from techer training school in Toruń and I am positive that "matura" shouldn't be translated/interpreted as "school leaving exam".It sounds quite wierd, if not unnatural , dosen't it?? :). I was given a translation by ling.pl - high school final exam(ination) - and it "feels" more convincing IMHO.

A friend of mine couple of years ago used the term "abitur" multiple times (ger.for matura...but not so sure about the spelling???) during his final h.s. examination in ......English ;).

I'm so sorry POLI, but i must do it :P. (...) It's a 1st conditional, so you should wrote:"If i* go some day to America, England, I'll keep up" *without willI know. It isn't a big mistake, but i have been learning it long time, so now i have a little trauma :).

I know how it is training something for a long, long time. You hate it, but you probably know it very well. I had not conditionals in school, I'm sure, I only heard of it, I don't remember where or when, but it's wery weird - I go to humanist profile class, I have matura exam soon, but teachers didn't teach us about elementary things! Anyway, all my school is weird, I know it for a long time.

And i have a question to you. Again ;P.

How long does it take you to learn a new words. I'm talking about...50-60 new words.

Do you know it?

To be sure, I never learn a new words one by one. I remember words from lessons, films, music, etc. So I don't know many of them. And the answer is: I don't know. :)

I have curiosity for you. You are used word "matura". My teacher said that it had been not appropiate word. Examining board won't recognize it for correct word if use it. The correct word is "school leaving exam". You will never guess, won't you? :P

My teacher uses "matura exam" version and I like it, because it's short and aptly, but "school leaving exam" is more logically or something. ;]

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...