Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

I know. It isn't a big mistake, but i have been learning it long time, so now i have a little trauma.

So to add to the trauma.. This sentence: "I?ll be damned if I?ll go..." is correct. But yuu are right - in the above sentence 'will' is not needed. Just do not ask me to explain why - most of my grammar knowledge is not very tangible. It's just done by instinct.

Jesus Christ, that Robin Williams clip was awesome XD

If you liked it, you should browse YouTube for Robin Williams at the Met. The whole show is hillarious.

Instead of on the dollar bill, instead of "in God we trust", "in Gates we trust."

- Mr Gates, when did you realize you were creating a monopoly?

- Monopoly's just a game, Senator... I'm trying to control the fucking world.

Right now it's Information Technology. Soon it will be Total Information Technology: TIT. And while you're sucking on the TIT, I have you by the motherboard!

Pure genious!

The easiest way to express it is to say: "maturity exam". Ez pz. ;P

<professional translator mode on>My dear Madams and Sirs, the case of the so called 'matura' is a bit complicated. First of all let me state that if you use it in Poland to people from Poland, using the word 'matura' is perfectly OK because we know what it means. And that's one of the elements of good communication - being understood. But that does not mean it's a good translation in the formal sense. First of all - it wouldn't mean a thing to someone not from Poland. Especially that no one today associates that kind of exam with 'maturity'. It's just a Polish oddity. So - if you try to explain it to a foreigner, it's best to use something similar to "high school leaving exam". Official translations are a separate matter but I will not go into that.<professional translator mode off>

Of course in a particular manner, you're right, but when saying something to somebody we want him to understand us, don't we? What I mean is: While talking to a man from England, by saying "matura exam" you would only confuse him, because probably he wouldn't know what "matura" is. So there are three ways to say it:

-school leaving exam

-maturity exam

-abitur

Why did I choose the second variation? Because it's most similiar to "matura" (phonetics) and the person you're talking to still can quite understand you. Of course: "school leaving exam" is more "direct" (if you know what I mean), but still he won't get the whole meaning of what you say. Yet, there is "abitur" but I consider using it, risky.

Of course in a particular manner, you're right, but when saying something to somebody we want him to understand us, don't we? What I mean is: While talking to a man from England, by saying "matura exam" you would only confuse him, because probably he wouldn't know what "matura" is.

Hmmm... I don't want to mess anything up but... I wrote the same thing. What's the purpose of writing it again, just using different words?

Why did I choose the second variation?

Because you do not know much about what you're writing about. As I have written: "Especially that no one today associates that kind of exam with 'maturity'." I will restate this in simpler words. Foreigners do NOT associate high school leaving exams with maturity. This means that they will NOT have a bloody idea what a 'maturity exam' is. And I am not surprised. Maturity is one of the last things needed to pass the 'matura exam'. If it was in anyway needed than most some of the private 'wyższe szkoły of anything and everything' would go bankrupt.

Hello, It's my first time in this thread. I'd like to learn something here from you, because I want to choose that language on my maturity exam(or high school leaving exam, whatever :biggrin: ) on the advanced level, so here I am. :tongue:

I hope that our conversation will be so profitable, as fun. :thumbsup:

If I would made even a small mistake, please correct me. :turned:

Anybody knows, what is the difference between " somebody" and " someone".

I'm not expert , but I think "somebody" and "someone" means the same, but "someone" is more official.

It will be correct, if i translate that sentence : " Somebody see someone" on polish word :" Czy ktos kogos widzial" ?

It isn't correct translate, because sentence "Somebody see someone." means in polish "Ktos widzi kogos." not, as you translated it "Czy ktos kogos widzial?".

'Does someone saw anybody'?

I don't think that your question has been written properly. It should look like this: "Have you seen anyone?"

There is no difference between "someone" and "somebody". Both mean the same. Also " Somebody see someone" isn't correct, you should have written "sees" instead... But you can ask also "Somebody can see someone" or "Someobody is seeing someone". All versions are correct.

I don't think that if someone can't even write a simple question properly, they would be able to understand your tips (written in English).

What do you think about Champions League final?

Don't worry mate, even English people don't know how to speak their language properly. From my observations I can say that many foreigns speak english better. Most important it to be understood without any problems. Maybe our english is not perfect but as long as we are able to communicate with no problems that's fine. Anyway, stop complaining that your english is not good enough or "in my message may be an error". Chill out! Write a lot in here, so your skills hope will be better. I assume we are permitted to write 'bout everything, so come on lads:)

Why they do everything contrarywise??

At the very least they don't call football, "soccer" :S. Once you can get past their weather and some of their food (pudding, blech), them Birts are rather fine folk... At least I think so :)

I must disagree. I know may Brits but no-one has any hobby or whatever. Only shopping, beer, everywhere sex and outing every weekend to the nearest pub to get drunk. Of course I know some nice brits (like mine neighbour - David - he's really nice and can't zip his mouth shut) but most of them are really really crazy. I must work with some of them and to be honest I'm fed up. They always know best, will argue with you coz of the way you work and in the end you're gonna shut their mouth because brits can't bring up reasonable argument. Thanks goodness my workmates are also filipinos. What are filipino women doing that they look so so young? And I mean it:)) One day I go to Filippines and have every single lady there. hehehe :D:D

Hmmmm... Can anyone tell me, why pepole in England drive on the left side of the street, while in many countries we drive on the right side?? What do you think??

There is nothing to think about - it's just history :cool: Left-hand traffic was the original one and is linked with the way in which jousting tournaments took place. The change to right-hand traffic is sometimes attributed to Napoleon who wanted to confuse enemy troops but a more realistic reason is the safety of carts pulled by many horses. Just visit the Wikipedia and you can learn more.

And besides, there are 75 countries and territories with left-hand traffic.

Ask Gordon Brown;p What do you mean by "everything"?

I mean driving a car on the left side, opening windows to outside, putting on the screw, by turning it counter-clockwise and other strange things in this country. :biggrin:

And besides, there are 75 countries and territories with left-hand traffic.

Well, I haven't known about it, but what about other stuff?? And most that countries probably was a british colonies. :diabelek:

...and left-hand driving is more natural for people, because in the middle age, knigts were riding on the horses. Knight had enemy warrior on his right hand, what was helpful for him, to hit his enemy. :huh:

As I have mentioned on the previous page :cool: Saluting is another 'custom' that originated in chivalric times. Generally most things have some historical background or reasoning.

Hi :)

From the other point of view left-hand driving is much safer. I drove car in Poland and now I am driving here in UK and have no doubts: driving car here is much easier and safer...

I think that in UK roads are much better then in Poland and English people have very good system of roads.

By the way, I think that English drivers are much safer then Polisch driver.

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...