Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

I would have never posted German flag on my steam profile.Why you do this?

And posting a German flag on my profile is bad because... Oh, wait, you're one of the "All-Germans-are-Nazis" people, aren't you? You still think that the country to our left is some kind of Demons' Nest , and its citizens hate Jews, Poles and constantly think about world domination?

Carry on then. I like Germany, I like Germans and if I had a choice, I'd prefer to live there instead.

I've been learning English since 3rd grade of primary school and suddenly, in high school, I get second language - German.

Well, I have to admit that forcing everyone to learn German is an infinitely dumb decision. If I were to set the rules, I'd only give an opportunity of learning to these people that either were acquainted with German or had the will to study it. I learned it in primary, middle and high school, while the last one was the so called "easy mode". The principal assumed that nobody from the language class (!) was taught German before and we started from the very basics as a result. I got straight A's with literally no effort and during tests everyone was trying to sit next to me, you can say that I had my own fanclub of sort...

For me there were no similarities and I don't see any possibility I could learn this language. Of course if we compare difficulty of German to other languages, for example any Asian lanugage (my God... the chinesee alphabet), it will look really easy.

That's probalby because you weren't even trying. I don't know why today's people hold such a grudge against Germans and automatically assocaite them with Nazis. I especially like 12 year olds claiming that 'Germans are monsters they did so many terrible things to ME and MY COUNTRY'. Pfftt. Yeah, right. WWII ended almost 70 bloody years ago. Grow up.

Why the forum engine doesn't support kana, kanji or cyrilic alphabet is beyond me.DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Yea, it hurts me too especially in manga and anime topics. If I remember correctly it's something about coding and I can only hope it's being worked on :)

???????????????????????????

You have no idea whether I tried to write something in kana or just typed a butt-load of question marks, do you? :trollface:

And posting a German flag on my profile is bad because...

I prefer to identify with Poland flag,German flag is for German,Österreich flag is for Österreich ...

Oh, wait, you're one of the "All-Germans-are-Nazis" people, aren't you?

No Im not person "All_Germans_are_Nazi",but Merkel policy IMO is Anti-Poland .(less money for EU investment,etc)

.....think about world domination?

and what they do with the EU?

BTW:If I had a choice I'd be Irish, all of whom I know are smiling

Uhh. Well.

Since it's my first post in this thread... I think it would be the best idea to write down some things about me and my poor English.

I started learning English when I was in kindergarten, at the age of... six, I guess. My memory isn't the best one and I've forgotten quite a lot of these small, less important details of the past events. Just forgive me.

Anyway, that entire "learning" wasn't learning at all - all I knew was few simple words that a child of such young age could remember and understand. Then, I had a short break at my first class of primary school - I spent that time, trying to learn on my own with some educational games, duh.

My English classes began when I was nine. Again, nothing really complicated, but I particulary enjoyed them. And I had some extra language lessons apart from the school ones. At the age of 13, when I graduated to secondary school, it was confirmed - I was at A2 level.

And... BANG!

Intermediate.

It was quite a shock to the system. All of sudden, I just... couldn't understand anything. I mean, there was so many things to learn by heart, not to forget about other classes - after all, it was "one of the best schools in Poland", special school for gifted, bright children...

However, I'd like to forget about these three, dark years. The only things I'm grateful for such awful, goddamn secondary school were my biology, chemistry and English classes. Yes, I wasn't the best pupil, usually getting medium (3 or 4) grades - but they taught me a lot. My teachers wanted to actually teach me something, they put a lot of effort into their lessons - and gosh, I'm certainly glad of that.

Anyway, I graduated to the high school. It was a huge suprise for me - I mean, I expected that there will be more people, like... better at English than me... after all, Grudziądz isn't that small. But nope - classes (five per week) are sometimes quite easy for me. Still, I keep making slight mistakes and I'm not like "the best of the best" or something. I'll never be, I think. No one is perfect.

Also, I'm taking some extra lessons... again. This time, it's something quite... big, I'd say. I mean, an FCE course.

I'm taking First Certificate Examination this summer... Keep your fingers crossed, maybe I will somehow manage to pass it with a nice result. Which might be harsh, considering my awful pronounciation and lacks in vocabulary. I don't know, maybe they'll understand what the heck I'm saying :P.

Apart from English, I'm also learning two other languages - Spanish (uhh, I am really, REALLY bad at it) and Russian (even more awful).

First foreign language, whose I started to learn was German. Unfortunately. I've been learning this language by six years. And what? I've wasted my time. I keep learning this language, but B1/B2 lvl makes me happy, and I don't want for more.

Now I'm trying to learn 3 beautiful languages: English, Russian and Hungarian. I make progress with first two, for this moment Hungarian is too hard to me. I'm the hard-working person, it's hard to defeat me. Of course, I make mistakes every time- who doesn't? My dream is simple - I'm going to know English and Russian on the C2 level and Hungarian on the C1.

Btw. If somebody wants to learn words, I can give you a little gift. I have a flashcard base (1912 words in English, I add about 30-40 every day). Just write to me - I can send you my base.

@Raxus - "whose" refers to a person. You should use "which" instead, so the sentence would be like: "First foreign language, which I started to learn was German."

@Hakken - Oh, thank you ^^. It was quite confusing to me, I've never been sure which one is which at all.

At the beginning of the highschool I was to choose one of two following languages: French and German. Without much hesitation I picked out the former, becouse I have dreamt about visiting Disneyland since kindergarten, the closest one being in France. My first teacher was quite good, yet not very strict, but after a year she went on maternity leave. Then a replacement arrived: very strict lady with great skills in speaking French. Oh boy... It was the first time I had problems with "discipline". Heck, it's her job. Problem is, the language has to many differences beetwen speech and writing, and I am afraid I haven't learnt much. Well, then...

Maybe Arabic?

First time, when i met with foreign language was in my tender age of 9. I was in 3rd class in primary school, when to our school was introduced English language. I remember very well the teacher. He was thin, high, with characteristic beard. We called him "Teacher". Now I'm 22 years old, so it means, that I've been learning English through 11 years, nevertheless I don't know English as well as I ought to. It's not good for me, but I've been working more since 2011. Any effects?

Honestly? I can't really tell. I don't know how good (or bad) you were before the improvement. The way I see it now... Not too shabby, although you seem to have a slight problem with sentence constsuction and tend to use wrong words when it comes to describing stuff.

when to

our school was introduced

English language. I remember

very well the teacher

It should read 'When English (language) was introduced to our school. I remember the teacher very well'

First time, when i met with foreign language was in my tender age of 9

I wouldn't exactly say that I met something that is not alive. You can meet or become acquainted with a person, or say that you meet someone's expectations, but you don't say 'I met a tree', but rather 'I encountered a tree'.

He was thin, high, with characteristic

beard

Wrong adjectives. These are used to describe inanimate objects, rather than people. A piece of paper may be thin, but a person is slim. If you call someone high, they may find it offensive - being high is the same as being baked, stoned, tripping or simply: under the influence of drugs. Tell them that they're tall instead - this adjective is good for describing both humans and objects.

Also, about the 'characteristic' part... Don't get me wrong, it's not incorrect, but if the beard was really that unique, I would usf 'distinctive' or even 'peculiar' instead.

Hello,

I have got little request.

Can somebody check this text? If something is incorrect, please correct mistakes.

I have translated this gosspip:

http://film.onet.pl/wiadomosci/plotki/rachel-mcadams-i-michael-sheen-w-koncu-sie-pobiora,1,5385565,wiadomosc.html

Rachel McAdams and Michael Sheen finally will get married?

Officially pair met two years, but some people think that everything started earlier when they have been working together on ?Midnight in Paris? by Woody Allen set.

Will Rachel be the first women who will married Michael?

34-year-old actress seems to be in love with her 9 years older partner. Unfortunatelly, there is an obstacle on their road to happiness.

U.S. media report that Rachel McAdams is very impatient now. Celebrity hopes that through marriage she will become more accepted by the Sheen?s family.

13-year-old actor's daughter from a previous relationship seems to be dissatisfied with her dad new relationship. ?Star? magazine reports that young girl doesn?t like her father?s new women and she can?t imagine Rachel as her new stepmother.

McAdams hopes that after her marriage with Sheen, his daughter will change her mind.

Thanks for help :)

Hi everyone!

I've got a request. I'm searching something which I could listen in English, I mean - recordings, YouTube films, etc. I'm interested mainly in British English (or generally in English which is hard to understand), a topic's no matter. Do you know any sites or channels of this type? If you do, could you give links here? I'll be very pleased if there will be a possibility to "control" oneself (English subtitles, script for the text), but it's not a necessary condition.

I'll be very thankful!

Check out TotalBiscuit's YouTube channel or watch Top Gear with original audio (I believe snippets are available on both YT and the official website. The former, while still British English, is relatively easy, but the latter is quite hardcore - the hosts (May and Clarkson, to be precise - Hammond tends to 'go easy' on viewers when it comes to vocabulary) use British English at its Britiest, spewing out sentences like 'Lumps of lead yoked to an incompetent oaf', which roughly means 'Blocks of lead neglectingly attached to a stupid, clumsy guy who can't do anything right'. This was May referencing Clarkson's feet. Or legs. I can't quite recall which one it was. In any case both 'shows' (Because I can't find a better word) are great for improving your English.

Side note - is this topic ever going to be renamed? :s

I've listened to random episodes of these films today and I think this is it. smile_prosty.gif Though I understand very little of them, I hope it'll change with the time. Thanks!

Naturally, if someone has another propositions, I'm still open for them.

Side note - is this topic ever going to be renamed? :s

What don't you like in the current name? ;)

What don't you like in the current name? ;)

Its structure is incorrect, it should say "English only", i.e "Here we're speaking English only". "Only English" would be correct in a sentence like "Only English people are allowed to enter".

edit: well I forgot a comma, shitsux

The UK Top Gear is a good choice, yeah. I also enjoy watching Zero Punctuation, the fast delivery makes it more difficult to understand.

the hosts use British English at its Britiest

Ah yeah. I still remember an episode where Clarkson started talking with the guest in his "native" Yorkshire dialect. ha was some ing in eres ing.

I've got a request. I'm searching something which I could listen in English, I mean - recordings, YouTube films, etc. I'm interested mainly in British English (or generally in English which is hard to understand), a topic's no matter.

I will strongly recommend you checkin' out BBC site where you can find fragments from their reports, there's a related video in almost every news wink_prosty.gif Moreover you can check out Yogcast channel. At least few people from this group are definetely British and they have a ridicously amount of videos so you should be pleased with amount of material to work with. For improving your English overall just try as many English-speaking channels as possible... even if they are let's players ^_^

Try to listen something in scouse or geordie. You'll even don't recognize, that is English.

I'm having trouble recognising this as proper English :trollface:

Scouse isn't to difficult to understand, all in all it's just vowels being pronounced differently, the vocabulary remains... let's say intact. In case of geordie, however... It's almost like talking to Aussies. Grouse yarn, mate.

The topic is dying, because there aren't many of users that can write a grammatically correct post in the foreign language (and without a Google Translate smile_prosty.gif). Maybe now someone would be interested in a discuss.

I hope my grammar is understandable wink_prosty.gif

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...