Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

English is easy in terms of communicative speaking. It's not that hard to order a burger in London, isn't it? But when you want to read a book in english, here we can find some problems. I think that I'm good in english, of course, not great, and it wasn't easy for me to read a whole chapter from a Terry Pratchett's book. And I didn't understand most of the language jokes, that's obvious.

Speaking about being teenager forever. Nah, that would be awful. I'm 17 now, and I want to be 24-25 already, and stay at that age forever. I think that when I'll be 20-30 years old, it'll be the best time of my life.

I want to do my FCE this year, by the way. It is hard?

Greetings,

Anf.

No, FCE is fairly easy. It consists of 4 parts (reading, writing, use of English and listening). On my FCE results, i have B for writing, and A for the rest. None of this tests require huge knowledge, just basic stuff and ability to think.

Oh, I forgot about speaking, which is a bit tricky. The most important is to be communicative. And you have to make up stories fast, no one will check if you're lying or not :P

Speaking about being teenager forever. Nah, that would be awful.

Oh, come on... Beeing teenager is great! I'm 17 too, and my life is very easy. I don't need to work, I don't need to be worried about my rent, etc. But I'd like to be 18 and stay 18 forever. (You know, driving license :tongue: ).

Well... yeah. Just like automatic gearbox is easier to use than manual. But it's less fun :cheesy:

I mean - I know auto transmission is very handy and all (especially in traffic jams), but manual has certain magic. And it's more... well, "manly".

[ciach] Yeah, YoYo!

Manual gearbox is the essence of driving. You can tell a lot about the driver only by observing how he changes the gear ;)

And... BTW... `bout using Google Translator...

It`s just like Afro fightin` his cyborg-clone... One of them is faster, but the other has soul inside..*

" - check Afro Samurai series for details :)

Nie używaj wulgaryzmów. - Turambar

I just fu..eeeeee fuji... I just _ knew it. I just knew that you will make this. Don`t you think, that this is a bit silly? When U, mods, say bout drinkin` juice and alll that +sheet+ - yeah, thats good... But when a honest man put some stars `n some forbidden letters together... Its a crime.. C`mon, live and let live .. - 3M

Hey there, sorry for popping in like this, but I want to point one thing...

Using a Google translate makes your language look heavy going and somehow... not real?

Well, it should be easy to tell if someone's using a translator or not, just as with translating to different, not as simple as English, languages.

I'm trying to work as a game reviewer for one of the UK, Internet PS gaming sites. I'm pretty surprised that I've passed two out of three steps for qualifying (two left, and there can be only one). Anyway, here's a link to the text in question. Done it about two hours, because I don't consider myself a good writer, and I was actually expecting to fail.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28368896/FL%20vs%2...0D22%20Zone.doc

It's noteworthy that someone actually considered the possibility that I'm from an English-speaking country. :)

It's noteworthy that someone actually considered the possibility that I'm from an English-speaking country. :)

You're studying in English as I remember? If so, it's big bonus for you. When you're using language every day you get enough practice. I know English quite well, but with lack of usage of it I'm afraid to write, or speak in English. And it's hard to express our thoghts then :P

Yup :) You're right, Tur. I know it on my own example, as I am capable to read typical texts, just as game's reviews, rather slightly or watch news on TV (on CNN for example - I am able to understand american english when british accent is absolutely too hard for me). But it's nearly impossible for me to speak fluently. Every time I try to say something, I have problem with lack of words and my terrible grammar. Of course it's caused by lack of practice in using language, but I feel ashamed of that anyway :/

I can tell you, practise is the most important thing in learning language (or just keeping language on the same level) - I've been studied English for some time and I quitted. Maybe I didn't get more skill but still it was something useful. Now I'm studying something else, it's my second year, and of course I have English classes but I feel like going backward. Level of this classes is so low, even I (with my poor gramatic skill and really simple vocabulary) can say that. It's obvious I can't attend to other classes with higher skill because there's no such thing.

Fluently speaking? No idea. But probably I could say few simple senteces if I have to. However, believe or not, I had never have to (this is so wrong, isn't it?) speak to someone in English or even write. So probably I'm even worst in spekaing than in writing... :)

Teachers at my university aren't that good, just "communicative", so I'm not going forward in terms of English here. Foreign students are from around the world (Iran, China, Japan, India, Sweden and so on), and they don't speak *really* good either (around my level). :P I don't talk too often, so I don't get much practice in terms of speaking. But there's still time I guess. :)

I am not good in English, but my knowledge is enough to speaking and understand, and to play games non polish^^. I was in Holland, I worked, and tested my English so I know understand is very well, but my vocabulary is lower than good, sometimes I forgot words. But I helped friend in translate and speaking when He looked for a flat to rent.

My fault is my ill, because I am quite deaf, and I need have deaf-aid two-sided. I lost more than 50% on left ear and about 80% to right side. Cause sometimes I cannot understand what someone said especially during watching movies and hearing music. I like reading english books, its other method to learn. I use sometimes google-translate only for miss/forgot words and only to translate non english and polish web.

Yup :) You're right, Tur. I know it on my own example, as I am capable to read typical texts, just as game's reviews, rather slightly or watch news on TV (on CNN for example - I am able to understand american english when british accent is absolutely too hard for me).

It's no problem for me to understand what I hear. Even those weird British accents. The problem is to convince myself that I know English quite well, and Ican use it. Because you get practice every time when you write and speak foreign language - in this case English. Hammer Head is good example of that - he have to communicate with his co-students, so he improve his skills automatically. I've never had an occasion to speak in English, and I've been "afraid" to write. But I'm working on it, and it's quite easy when you once force out your internal fear :P

[...] example of that - he have to communicate [...]

It shouldn't be "he has"? :P

I'm 15. I'm learning English for 6-7 years (not in school, I have private lessons) and I think I can use Shakespeare's language correctly, but I'm still not perfect yet. At least it's sufficient to get 98% from english in school. Unfortunately I haven't got any chance to practice my english enywhere, besides private lessons and school (3 times a week only).

Do you think that the good way to practice your english in home is writing on english chats? Specially SA-MP Role Play servers (e.g. English version of Los Santos Role Play). I want to try it, but actually I haven't got time for this. You need to spend some time on playing if you want to be someone on these servers.

[...] example of that - he have to communicate [...]

It shouldn't be "he has"? :P

I haven't learned grammar for 6 or 7 years, so it isn't my strongest side. In high school I had one hour of English a week, or so. In university my English lessons consisted mostly memmorizing needfull words :P

@up

Not bad, not bad at all :D I'd love to say I'm writing half as good reviews, but my laziness is catching up with my ambitions and...

I must admit it "impresses" me, how educational system is NOT changing in the way it should.

Haven't any teachers notice that most english we know comes from video games and movies yet?

Nope! "Memorize this stupid, useless vocabulary and don't try to be different, or innovative young man!" Duh... -.-

@Suweren

You have luck. Officialy I learn english 3 years. Unfortunatly I haven't any private lessons (give me MOAR money :trollface:). The level of learning in my school is terrible. Some students can't tell sentence in Present Simple. Oh my god! Luckily, i'm going to learn english - i have cousin, she lives in Scotland. I hope, that she'll learn me english perfectly.

BTW. I'm only student, who can tell (and write) something in Present Perfect...

My class have "rozszerzony" (ehh.... I don't know this word in english, and i don't want use translators) German :trollface: .

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...