Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

All words in geman sounds like order to kill somebody
And that's the reason why it's such a great language. You should try to find a few animated cartoons with German dubbing - for example The Lion King. Scar's voice is amazing and makes you feel anxious even though you can't understand a word.

Agatix - try Qbuś. He's definitely most realiable source of knowledge about this language (or at least the most popular one ;))

Actually, a far more harder language is russian

LOL, what are you writing? Russkij jezyk isn't hard, because it's looking like polish. Cyrilic is hard, that's right. You can learn cyrillic in few hours. The hardest thing in russian is accent.

?????? ????? ?? "?????????" :).

PS. "Twiordyj znak" i "Miakkij znak" are hard too. (Because it's hard to write correctly in sentences).

"Twiordyj znak" is easy, compared to "Miakkij znak" and believe me, grammar in russian is one of the most hardest in languages, you have plenty of rules you have to remember and obey to write correctly. To have "correct"(if there is something like correct accent) accent in any language is hard if you dont speak it everyday with natives.

Actually, a far more harder language is russian, and I dont mean talking, but grammar. If we are talking about asian languages, in japan there are 3, as far as I can recall, "types" of writing.

However, in my opinion, Japanese is more deadly than the Russian, or Polish (and I?ve heard that other countries see our language as the most difficult) Grammar and pronunciation is pretty difficult. Especially when it comes to pronunciation ? here it is very easy to make a mistake, because the word with the same / similar spelling, but pronounced the wrong way, with the wrong emphasis on the accent, may even offend another person. There are many such words, which can easily be so confused ... as in English - for example, the British phonetics - the word "other" could be confused with a similarly spelled word "udder" :D

Remember we, being born in Europe, dont have vocal cords developed in the same way as Asians, especially if we never used it the same way they did, so it may be hard for us to pronounce correctly many things in their languages, like it is hard for them to say something in our.

Remember we, being born in Europe, dont have vocal cords developed in the same way as Asians

This is a fine statement indeed. It is really worth mentioning that each and every nationality has its own pattern of vocal expression. Thus it cannot be acquired easily by means of repetition. Many books say that the child of the age of 11 is only capable of learning the given language to such extend that it can be perceived as RP (received pronunciation) or so called perfect pronunciation .

Having said that, if you are above 11 years of age you may ( or may not)have difficulties learning foreign language of your choice. It is quite common and should not be the subject of further elaboration on this topic. Just a matter of personal skills and vocal cords adaptation.

Witam, otóż nie wiem czy w dobrym miejscu piszę (pewnie nie), ale jest mi potrzebna Wasza pomoc. Mam trochę tekstu do przetłumaczenia a ja sama w angielskim jestem cienka a dla niektórych z Was, angielski to wręcz język ojczysty smile_prosty.gif Dobrze by było, jakby parę osób chciało mi pomóc. Nie wiem co mogę oferować w zamian. Anyway, jakby ktoś był chętny i miał troszkę czasu, proszę napisać na pw. Będę dozgonnie wdzięczna smile_prosty.gif

Lol. How about money? I mean, google translate is for free, but I don' really understand people expecting to get somebody's work and in result precious time for free.

btw, guys - if you'd learn Polish completely, you'd find that it IS a hard language to operate with. Asia-originated languages are just different, not really harder.

For example - native english kid masters his/her language at the age of 12, polish kid around the age of 16.

Four years more to get a hold of most important grammar rules and to get fluent in using different forms of speech.

And let's be honest - most of Poles still can't read with even the lowest level of comprehension, and that's just sad.

Register on an english forum, become active, make friends, suddenly - no reason to post here.

At least in my case.

Others may just be afraid of their insufficient english skills and/or lack of a general discussion topic. What are they supposed to write? "Hi, my name is XYZ, I'm XX years old, I live in SomeCity, I like stuff, things and gizmos"? Nope. Better keep browsing and leave that corpse of a topic alone.

As I said, let's start with the basic question/topic:

What do you do this summer?

Should be enough to start something :P

Me for example, started a blog with my girlfriend. Fully in English, so we can polish our writing skills and have some fun together ;)

So...yeah. And I'm trying out, how it is to do some youtube vids xD you can check them out on my channel.

I'm kinda sorta broke for the summer vacation, so I probably won't trip anywhere fun. : ) It doesn't help I just laid like 1,500 PLN out on stuff, well... say I'm not the best at saving. Though I may visit some countryside for about a week, though the plan is slowly dying. So I'm mostly trying my best at going all careless and forgetting about uni, cause it's hell of a stress and three months off suit me just fine.

Me for example, started a blog with my girlfriend. Fully in English, so we can polish our writing skills and have some fun together wink_prosty.gif

So...yeah. And I'm trying out, how it is to do some youtube vids xD you can check them out on my channel.

Too bad that your youtube videos do not have any commentary whatsoever. There is nothing eye catching in them but effort appreciated nonetheless. As far as your blog is concerned , not to much is going on there, is it? Don't get me wrong - I am not the one to criticize people for no reason. Just pointing out obvious stuff :).

What do you do this summer?

Nothing much. Just got StarCraft II up and runnin', hope this game won't get laggy, but right now it shows some promise. I don't know how should I call Blizzard guys - either geniuses (the number of fps jumped from about 40-50 to about 100, whoah) or total idiots (your so-called "tweaks" and "upgrades" to the game engine caused a helluva lot of problems for me and both my computers, hope it was just Service Pack's fault - even if yes, then why the hell your game still wants it installed so badly?), guess time will tell.

And I finished working on my music projects, right now my focus is on promotion and stuff like that. Who knows, maybe I'll start a netlabel in the future, but I guess it's not my kind of fun.

Got some interesting music waiting for a release, anyone? (I mean *your* music)

I really wont't try to sound too ironic, but before you start learning new language you'd better complete the process of education in previous one. My grammar isn't perfect either, but I see some mistakes in your post and I think better version should be like this:

I've learned German grammar for few hours and I still don't understand it. German is a very strange language (... - in last sentence I don't have a clue what you wanted to say)

I don't really get why you people think that German is difficult. Along with English and several others it's classified as a West Germanic language, and therefore they share many similarities - for example the way that sentences are constructed, how verbs, nouns, adjectives and all that stuff is used etc. Once you become fluent in English, German becomes a piece of cake. It's just a bit harder sounding English, with words of unlimited length (Seriously, there is no such thing as the longest word in German). It also helps a lot if you happen to have a sensitive hearing and memory for sounds - you basically learn by hearing people talk or listening to music in the language you're learning. I got really good at German back in high school, because I was listening a lot to Rammstein, Eisbrecher and other German bands. Now I try to do the same thing with Japanese, and it's working... Kinda. I believe there's no really effective shortcut to learning Japanese, though. Remembering three fricking syllabaries is beyond difficult, and some of the kana (syllabes) barely differ from each other, like me and nu in hiragana, or so and n in katakana. Albeit complex, Japanese is fun and I would gladly choose it over French, Spanish, Italian and other garbage (in my opinion) languages.

Why the forum engine doesn't support kana, kanji or cyrilic alphabet is beyond me.DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Also the topic's name is incorrect, it should be "English only" :trollface:

I used to know German very well, but I've forgiven a lot of words. BTW. I've been thinking about learn Japanese, but alphabets (hatakana,katakana and kanjii) scared me :).

Now I learn russian language (but it's hard to find very good dictionary in the Internet), and I'm trying to learn Hungarian.

"Exption" in polish langue is "wyjątek" By the way what books is good to learn English ?

Every book is good. You have to read books, listen music and audiobooks, and you'll improve your knowledge every day.

I used to know German very well, but I've forgiven a lot of words.

Did they offend you in any way that you had to forgive them? :trollface:

Now I learn russian language (but it's hard to find very good dictionary in the Internet), and I'm trying to learn Hungarian.

The names of languages (Russian, Japanese, German etc.) are always written with a capital letter. Be careful about this, dude - it's a very common mistake. Words that express a connection with a particular place must be capitalized when they have their literal meanings. So, for example, Polish must be capitalized when it means `having to do with Poland'. It is not necessary however to capitalize these words when they occur as parts of fixed phrases and don't express any direct connection with the relevant places, like Let's eat some polish kiełbasa, I'd really like this swiss watch.

Also, Hungarian is messed up. Whenever I read the Hungarian part on any label's ingredient list I'm only able to identify complex chemical ingredients like... uh... potassium sorbate (Yeah, I had to google this) and such.

Every book is good. You have to read books, listen to music and audiobooks, and you'll improve your knowledge every day.

I don't know, reading doesn't seem to do the trick in my case, or at least isn't as effective as I would like it to be. I really prefer to listen to music or, even better, watch gameplays casted by people from UK/US. I highly recommend you guys to subscribe to TotalBiscuit and see some of the 'W T F is...?' videos. It helped my language a lot.

Also worth noticing is the fact that playing games with a lot of spoken dialoge and subtitles WILL improve your language skills. Oblivion and Skyrim are prime examples - just play with original audio and either Polish or English subtitles and you'll see.

There you go. Stuff like Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerk-bauunterbeamtengesellschaft or Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz is pretty normal. German speakers can come up with a gramatically correct word of any length.

edit: I messed up the link.

I don't really get why you people think that German is difficult.

Speak for yourself* :P I've been learning English since 3rd grade of primary school and suddenly, in high school, I get second language - German. All I remember after three wasted years of learning it is "Ich bin, du bist, er/sie/es ist" and maybe some simple words. For me there were no similarities and I don't see any possibility I could learn this language. Of course if we compare difficulty of German to other languages, for example any Asian lanugage (my God... the chinesee alphabet), it will look really easy.

*Let me correct that... This is Sparta! threadboard or simply said forum, here everybody, in my opinion, speaks for himself ^_^

Why the forum engine doesn't support kana, kanji or cyrilic alphabet is beyond me.DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Yea, it hurts me too especially in manga and anime topics. If I remember correctly it's something about coding and I can only hope it's being worked on :)

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...