Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Right, daisies, I'm having a hard time making a list in particular for you. Of course you'll get a discount... Let's say, 0,001% is just enough, don't ye think? :twisted: Believe me, when something catches your eye, just gimme a quick note/kick and we'll go down to bussiness ;]

Right, daisies, I'm having a hard time making a list in particular for you. Of course you'll get a discount... Let's say, 0,001% is just enough, don't ye think? :twisted: Believe me, when something catches your eye, just gimme a quick note/kick and we'll go down to bussiness ;]

Indeedy I will :) But aren't you exaggerating a bit with that discount? I'm no that greedy 8) And one more little thingy - you 'get down to buisness' not go. Yuppie... I've got to correct somebody instead of being corrected myself :P

And about tests/exams/whatever, what is your least favourite part of all the tests? What kind of tasks shiver your timbers? I particularly dislike paraphrasing. I cannot get the right strategy to do it right. I'm off the point too often :?

Gość huntereagle

Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie

It wasn' t so hard. I said it almost correctly by the first time. :P But i've got long and flexible tongue. ;)

Mimizu, everytime you say something you amaze us and leave us standing (well, sometimes sitting) in awe. How can a worm have a tongue :?: ANSWER me almighty Mimizu. :wink:

Mimizu, everytime you say something you amaze us and leave us standing (well, sometimes sitting) in awe. How can a worm have a tongue :?: ANSWER me almighty Mimizu. :wink:

You underestimate the power of the omnipotent Mimizu. His great powers are not to grasp for the mere mortal :) His mighty and flexible tongue will master every twister :)

But to keep it busy I present another one. This time it's a classic.

She sells sea shells on the sea shore and the shells she sells are sea shels I'm sure

Gość Fundin

So if all of you are talking about tounge twisters here's one which can mix in quite a funny way:

I'm not a peasant plucker, I'm the peasant plucker's son, I'm only plucking peasant, till the peasant plucker comes

And remember that each worms can do most amazing things if it puts it's brains to it :wink:

It wasn' t so hard. I said it almost correctly by the first time. But i've got long and flexible tongue.
Jesus El Saviorrr ;] If a worm can say it correctly while others have problems... It's quite ominous to the mankind, don't you think? :P He rulz, we watch in awe, stunned by his superb linguistic skills :D
And about tests/exams/whatever, what is your least favourite part of all the tests?
I'm always scared to death of phrasal verb and prepositions. Key-word transormations aren't my favourite ones. :)

Gość huntereagle
Jesus El Saviorrr ;] If a worm can say it correctly while others have problems... It's quite ominous to the mankind, don't you think? :P He rulz, we watch in awe, stunned by his superb linguistic skills :D

You know what I think? I think we should let Mimizu explain himself. It seems like his "powers" are coming from above (or below). So Mimizu, EXPLAIN YOURSELF!!! or else we'll have to burn you on a stake

Gość Radyan

Ok, you are my only hope. I tried to translate this, but I haven't found any dictionary which could help me. It's a quotation from "Haunted palace" by Poe:

"Never seraph spread a pinion

Over fabric half so fair"

I belive in you ;)

No this is a real challenge :wink: I'm not too good in poetry so don't count on me being poetic :wink:

"Never seraph spread a pinion

Over fabric half so fair"

Nigdy serafin/anioł nie rozpostarł skrzydeł

Nad materiałem w połowie tak pięknym

The translation is rather fixed on being true than pretty :wink: But it should be more or less correct.

She sells sea shells on the sea shore and the shells she sells are sea shels I'm sure

That was the hardest thing to say but after few repetitions it seems quite easy :D

OK, little offtopic, just wanted to tell you that from 1st to 3rd April I won't be able to write anything here. I'll take a part in Model ONZ- three days with English only (I think I said something about this already). Now I'm writing resolution about "Overcoming poverty in order to guarantee human right". When I'll finish I'll give it here.

Maybe somebedy will come to Gorzow next year?

Gość Radyan
Nigdy serafin/anioł nie rozpostarł skrzydeł

Nad materiałem w połowie tak pięknym

The translation is rather fixed on being true than pretty :wink: But it should be more or less correct.

Thanks. You helped me a lot. I have some objections about "materiałem". It doesn't fit with the rest of the text, but it isn't a very big problem. Thanks once more ;)

Gość -=HAWK=-

Ye, ONLY English

but... I study English. I don't like English but it is a room with TOPIC "Only English".

Our teacher in my shool is very ANGRY and WILD hehehhe. But it is not a yoke. I have Project to do to lesson.

But.....I like CDA, CDA is CooL and CDa Rulessssssssssss.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

I must go. BYE, and i like this word F*** you know.

BYE

I'm too good for funny people... Warning is waiting for you, just give me one more reason to write it in people's favorite topic (Warnings :D) Bye, bye, eat some rye!- Ama

Tongue twisters? Here are some od them:

Red leather, yellow leather, red leathe, yellow leather...

Red lorry, yellow lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry...

Six sweet Swedish sheep swim sweetly on a Swedish ship.

(it was longer originally, unfortunately I don't remember the whole sentnence :()

More will follow, hopefully ;)

Exams? I hate reading! Those texts they give us are usually incredibly boring. They make me fall asleep even in the middle of an exam. But when I read Newsweek or books* it's much more pleasant.

* BTW: Orwell's "1984" is quite difficult for me... I'll finish it, but it'll take some more time.

PS. Please do not point out any mistakes that might have occured in this post... I'm exhausted and therefore my mind is working inefficiently...

Gość huntereagle
* BTW: Orwell's "1984" is quite difficult for me... I'll finish it, but it'll take some more time.
I'm about to start reading that book. I don't like reading, but I'll see, maybe the book will be interesting.

I'm about to start reading that book. I don't like reading, but I'll see, maybe the book will be interesting.

But the plot is interesting, indeed. You shouldn't be disappointed. Although, when the proles (a specific group of people, you'll see, anyway) start talking, I start complaining ;) Instead of he they say 'E, instead of have they say 'ave and so on... Bloody proles ;)

This kind of talk doesn't seem very troublesome ;] Guess you just have to read aloud - it should ease things a little, because they speak phonetically.

Anyway, Orwell is hell of a good choice ;] Too bad nearest empik to me has very few interesting enlish books... And, frankly speaking, I prefer reading in native language. :)

Oh, is anyone interesting in 2nd tome of Tad Williams saga - River Of Blue Fire. In english, I mean ;] The plot is very complicated and the langauge is awfully hard. Something right for the sadoenglishists;]

I have read "1984" in English and in Polish as well. And I think that it is a brilliant novel. Maybe because I like this kind of literature (like Orwell's others books or "Brand New World" by Aldous Huxley). It is good to read it in English, because it improves your vocabulary and you get to know words, that are rarely used at school.

I have also read Bridget Jones' Diary in English :) It is wonderful! :) It is a great way to get to know common british language. Let me quote something... :

" I will not fall for any of following: alcoholics, workaholics, commitment phobics, people with girlfriends or wives, misogynists, megalomaniacs, chauvinists, emotional fuckwits (my favoutie :) ) or freeloaders, perverts."

Gość huntereagle
I have also read Bridget Jones' Diary in English :)

Lol this reminded me of something. One time on "The Simpsons" there was a book sale at the Springfield Library and they had "Bridget Jones' Diary" and Cletus who is a hick was talking about the book but he called it Bridget Jones'es (That's how he said it) Diarrhea. I found that quite interesting and decided to share it with you guys. ;)

Oh my God! (omg!) What is that? English corner?! Cool dude ;)

I have read "1984" in English and in Polish as well

My symphaty in road to Poland read this... In my apologise this book is very good. She promise me that she give me this book... In few days I read that...

I have only one book written in english at home... Critical Care Nursing:D

It is quite hard to understand and rather boring, but for honing my english skills it's just perfect. I have also a book written in german, but I just don't find the time to read them.

Oh, u have 2 give me an advice. My English teacher wants me 2 read a book in English. It has to be +/- 100 pages, but I have a problem. I don't know what to read! Do ya guyz (and not only guyz :D ) know any nice books that would be so short? I'm countin' on ya, and thx in advance (not thx from the mountain :lol: ).

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...