Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Gość huntereagle
I don't known why, but posts in english is difficult to read. :D

Polish topics I read in a couple (if this word is bad, you can explain to me how write...) minutes.

Have you any problems with this?

Nope, I guess it's because your English is not so good (don't get me wrong).

(przedłużka, taki długi kabel, nie znam fachowego okreslenia)
Are you talking about an extension cord?
eeeerm.... 'powiatowy' in Polish
Regionals :)
I see were kinda out of topic... so, how bout you guys tell me what do you think about my new avatar and sig I made them myself
The avatar is cool but the signature looks cheezy to me, and it's too big.

It's easy to write something in English. Grammar is important but the idea is to say and write something in English. So if you want to write something don't try to be very correct, but only write and write. I also make mistakes and I don't worry about it, because I know that my english teacher don't check this message :wink:

It's easy to write something in English. Grammar is important but the idea is to say and write something in English. So if you want to write something don't try to be very correct, but only write and write. I also make mistakes and I don't worry about it, because I know that my english teacher don't check this message :wink:

I don't know why, but if i write in English, I always made a little mistake... But I can very well understand what other people say or write... My sister've learnt English since 1998, but she don't understand nothing :D. I don't know what is it, but I like English. I sometimes make misatkes but it's not a problem for me...

I think, your avatar is too big, so you should ask administrator, how big can be avatar.

Maybe I don't understand sth, but avatar can't be larger than 80x80. I suppose you were talking about signature...

Czarny - I need to disagree. Grammar is very impotant. Maybe not so important as vocabulary, but if you want to go to UK yu should learn some basics if you don't want to be concerned as a rude and unpolite.

I need to disagree.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it sounds as if disagreeing is something you need to live, like air ;)

Grammar is very impotant. Maybe not so important as vocabulary (...)

From my point of view, grammar is the most important part. My school floods me with hundreds of obsolete and unnecessary words (I know how to say "szałwia" or "chomąto"... Well, theoretically :D) and that probably has an impact on my opinion. But I still claim that grammar is essential. For example, when you don't know the name of a thing, you may try to describe it, whereas it's very difficult to avoid using a particular grammar structure.

Grammar is very impotant. Maybe not so important as vocabulary, but if you want to go to UK yu should learn some basics if you don't want to be concerned as a rude
That's right but I said: "Grammar is very important". So please read all messages precisely. I write about Idea about this topic in my previous post, not about Grammar :wink:

"Here I am, back on the road again". Good to be back with you guys :wink: Although I have s**tloads of English everyday I still love it. Sometimes it gets a bit boring ( writing classes... shrug... ) but almost everyday you can find out something new and interesting.

What is more important in English? It's really hard to say for me. It all depends for what nad on what level do you need it. In everyday situations vocab can be more important because most of the grammar we use is basicly useless. Only the basic tenses are commonly used - the rest is used mainly in writing. So if you need it for writing you need grammar. But phrasals and idioms are a totally different thing :) Another interesting issue is pronounciation. RP and General American are standarts according to which students are tought but they are veeeeeeeery rare in real life. Nevertheless a good RP accent sounds really good :wink:

If you really want to be proficient and professional you have to have everythnig: grammar, vocab, pronounciaction and fluency. But if you want to be communicative not so much is needed. It all depends... :wink:

Gość huntereagle

I think that everything is important. If you want other people's percepion of you to be positive it's good to have good vocab, grammar, accent and everything in between. That's all for now.

I need to disagree.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but it sounds as if disagreeing is something you need to live, like air ;)

Maybe you're right... I don't know... No... i know! You're right for sure! But in this case, I didn't have exactly THAT on mind ;)

CZarny - you didn't say "Grammar is very important", but "grammar is important"... Ok, ok - I didn't want to be so... ;)

I only assumed, that it isn't true that grammar isn't so important as vocabulary...

I love Final Fantasy, although sixth is my favourite.

Atta boy ! :wink:

Ok my english-speaking amigos. There's a thing that troubles me since I started to write at this forum. If I write a reply in a certain topic, I should get an information via e-mail when someone responds, right? I'm also a member of SHAMO forum and everything's alright there. Sometimes I get a link to the topic which was dead for past few months. And CDA-forum seems to "forget" about me. Sometimes in just two days it stops to send me links. And I don't have time to check 10 or 20 topic to see if someone wrote something or not.

Could someone tell me: WHY?

<Why do I write this question here? I have no idea. Mabye because today I've learned that the same thing happened with this topic, and 6 other!>

Don't even ask why Wolv... Nobody up there (I mean the admin suite ;]) cares about us. This forum is piece of crap in technical meaning, everyone can tell... Oh shoot, it's also one of the most active polish webforums, so don't be suprised (more stuff >>> less care :wink: ). I was out for 3 days and already I'm completely out of topic :wink:

If you really want to be proficient and professional you have to have everythnig: grammar, vocab, pronounciaction and fluency.
Don't kill my dreams so relentlessly ;] Lemme still think english is an easy language :P

If you really want to be proficient and professional you have to have everythnig: grammar, vocab, pronounciaction and fluency.
Don't kill my dreams so relentlessly ;] Lemme still think english is an easy language :P

Did I say anywhere that it is hard? I don't think so :wink: Grammar gets sort of ingrained - a lot of it can be done instinctevly - if you acquire the right touch. Vocab comes in with every book, song, etc. so just breath it in :wink: Pronounciation - here you need a good teacher and some practice and it all comes quite easy. Fluency - practice, practice, practice :wink: Easy ain't it?

When it comes to songs, I read a preposterous article aobut learning English. It stated few good and bad sides of studying English. It actually hurt my stomach as a result of a surplus of laughing :]

Here's what it said:

"Positive aspects of learning English: (...)

- you'll be able to understand or even translate the lyrics of popular American songs, so you may show off before your girlfriend or boyfriend.

Negative aspects of learning English:

- You will be able to understand the lyrics of popular American songs"

That's what I remember the most ;)

But to be more serious, have you ever tried to translate the lyrics of, for example, "We will rock you" or "The show must go on" ? I tried... can't do it. It's like writing a poem, a beatiful one. Unfortunately, I hate poetry :]

Easy ain't it?

Just shut up :D

But to be more serious, have you ever tried to translate the lyrics of, for example, "We will rock you" or "The show must go on" ? I tried... can't do it. It's like writing a poem, a beatiful one. Unfortunately, I hate poetry :]

I've tried some. And as with everything... it depend. Peter Gabriel or Janis Joplin weren't that bad. But when I made a try at RHCP... Ceasure... Nuff said :wink:

Easy ain't it?

Just shut up :D

Ignorance is bliss :P

Yeah, I've also tried that. While such artists as Elvis or Lacuna Coil were fairly easy to understand, Godsmack & The Covenant are higher grade difficulty ;] And lollies for anyone who could understand a word in death/black metal... :twisted:

By the way, do you have listening techniques? Some say that it's best to concentrate on the music, while I think the best way is to let the sound flow by.

Ignorance is bliss
Cut the mic! :P

Hmm... I've translated some of my favourites by Loreena McKennitt, or Sarah McLachlan. A bit hard, because it's poetry as well <and Loreena sings in old English!> but I had much fun with iy. As I once said, I really like those "thou", "thine" etc.

Hmm... I've translated some of my favourites by Loreena McKennitt, or Sarah McLachlan. A bit hard, because it's poetry as well <and Loreena sings in old English!> but I had much fun with iy. As I once said, I really like those "thou", "thine" etc.

You listen to Loreena? And how come I didn't know that :) There's nuffin like good old celtic music :D And it's a helluva fun to listen to it live. If you like to listen to some I invite you to join the TPI in Poznań. You'll get enough of that there :D

Bonjour my english speaking 'brothers'. Nice stuff with the advantages of understanding and translatiung American songs :wink: but generally I like to understand whay a particular artist is singing about(I have a friend who dislikes foreign music just because he doesn't understand it)and translating some lirics may be quite fun. I myself liked to translate Nick Cave, Dream theather, Rhapsody, queen and couple more and it's generaly easy once you get the hand of it. But I agree in 100% with Qbus that RHCP are hardcore stuff if you wanna try here:

'Can I smell your gasoline

can I pet your wolverine

on the day my best friend died

I could not get my carpet cleaned'

It's hella fun :wink: especialy that it's just an easy fragment :wink:

As for English being easy/hard and what's essential Qbus wrote it all. it all depends on what you wanna do. If you're just interested in understanding than I'd say vocab, writing - vocab+grammar. The hardcore stuff begins whan you want to study philology on an university as Qbus and I did. Phonetics can kill you, believe me. It's sometimes a matter of 1 sound which differs RP from standard American(words like not, got, love, problem) and if you're standard is RP and you make AM you're busted. Besides this it's loads of fun when some people pronounce words which mean something completely diffrent from what they meant :wink: but hey, that's just life, ain't it?

And as for the arhaic english, it's hella fun, especialy when your lecturer reads a fragment of Beowulf and you do not understand a single word :twisted: hella fun I tell ya :wink:

And in my opinion the best way to learn english is to read, listen and watch :wink:

Thou shalt honour thy kinsmen :) Yeah, I also love archaic english. I'm even trying to convince my english teacher to dedicate a lesson or two for it :D

You were playing Vampire the mmasquarade and Chrono trigger for too long

... / long, long post /...arhaic english... / and a little more /

What is best we're going to study it. HELL ( history of English language and literature ) will certainly live up to its name :twisted: And I bet translating Old English texts will be quite entertaining 8)

It certainly seems so. But let us think about our summer session exams, and than we will see what comes next. From what i know history of English Language is on the 3rd year so we have a long lonbg way before us, but we shall make it...or else! or else what? exactly! :twisted:

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...