Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Gość huntereagle

Can U tell me: is it english or American: I'm lovin' it (instead I'm loving it). And is it correct? Can U explain me that?

Sorry for mistakes.

>>>Maybe I did- howewer I hate McDonalds (food is so untasty!) Do you have similar McD. commercials in USA?

--- yup, "ta ta ta ta I'm lovin' it."

Whenever you'll see a shortened word that has an apostrophe after or before it, it's just slang. Like 'cause, it's simply "because" but slang. It's not the correct way of writing it.

>>>Thanks. But 'cause' was even in many songs, so you can't say, that it is 'not the correct way of writing'. For example my favourite film song (from Armageddon - starring Liv Tyler :-)

---Sorry but it's wrong if you're writing something formal or something for school. But because is often pronounced cause.

And to be specific this nowhere is a internet cafe in Poznań
I believe you have tried to say 'internet cafe in Poznań is somewhere near nowhere." Now-Here in particular. :D

Kill me, but I just recently have read the Paragraph 22 by Heller. I started reading it about 3 years ago, but I've found it too hard for the time being. I gave up around page 150. Now I took a resolution - gotta read it in one week. Eventually it took me 3 days. Well, to be frank... this book is perfect, brilliant, masterpiece of black humour literature. Definitely worth a look or two, but it's not for everyone... :)

When I come across the word or phrase I don't recognize, I just make a tick on the edge. After finishing the book I just look up these words in the dictionary.

It's a quite good method unless you don't understand half a book ;]

Wrong my friend! It's a good method unless you have Wolv in 100m radius! Because if I see a person using a book as a notepad i get very, very mad! YOU IGNORANT BARBARIAN! You harass defenceless pile of paper! Try someone your own size! Try writing on me! :wink:

Now seriously: My method is similar to Cardi's. I read/watch the whole thing and try to get the context of phrases. I make notes of difficult words on a piece of paper. But, for God's sake, i don't write on book's pages!

P.S. Card, You have a terrible accent ! :D

P.S. Card, You have a terrible accent ! :D

Hehehe, now prove him wrong, Cardinal. I'm listening :D

If you'd like to know how I read books - I must admit I'd love to tell you, but I have no idea ;) It's completely irregular and beyond even my comprehension. While reading, if I come across a word I don't know, I try to guess it's meaning from the context. Even if I fail, I just skip a few lines and continue reading. However, there are some couragious expressions that strike me and leave me no choice but to look them up. (for example - snide, indubitable, inextricable, inexorable, infuriatingly (which I cannot find 'til today) et cetera, ad infinitum ;))

I even had quite a long list of such expressions, but the vile abyss of my hard drive has consumed it with no intention of returning :( Here I come, cruel world, here I come to confront you. Step aside, pain and sorrow, for no evil power might coerce me into abandoning my will to...uh... Apologies, it's time for me to take my medicine...

That's easy Sol! "Indubitable" is an opposition of "dubitable" and "inextricable" is opposition of "extricable" and so on... You didn't know? ;)

Uh-huh... So now I get it. It's easy to explain why Indiana is a man's name - it must be the opposite of "Diana" :D

Heh - exactly. You learn veeeery fast ;) - Rad

Wrong my friend! It's a good method unless you have Wolv in 100m radius! Because if I see a person using a book as a notepad i get very, very mad! YOU IGNORANT BARBARIAN! You harass defenceless pile of paper! Try someone your own size! Try writing on me!
KISS (Now that was the yuckiest thing in my life. I want more - GT :twisted: ). Who said I have 'ticked' books? I burn them once I've read'em... Have I said something wrong? :D

And if you like it - I WRITE YOU INSIDE AND OUT ;]

Hehehe, now prove him wrong, Cardinal. I'm listening
Who says I do care? :D I do ;] But ya know what? Your handwriting is even more terrible than my accent :D
Apologies, it's time for me to take my medicine...
It was so called 'english barbaric strike with gammon and spinach.' Keep 'way from me :D:wink:

KISS (Now that was the yuckiest thing in my life. I want more - GT :twisted: ).

AAAAHHH! He kissed me! He may have hydrophobia! Was he vaccinated?!

It might be poisonous! Yuck im all wet! His saliva is everywhere! I'm gonna wash these clothes for month! Uhhh, and that smell!

:wink::wink::wink:

Who said I have 'ticked' books? I burn them once I've read'em... Have I said something wrong? :D

Not at all -CHACHAK- -BANG!- -CHACHAK- -BANG!- -CHACHAK- -BANG!-

-SNIKT!- -SCHLUK!- -SCHLUK!- -SCHLUK!-

Oooo, what cute holes you have! :twisted:

I feel written :wink:

Who says I do care? :D I do ;] But ya know what? Your handwriting is even more terrible than my accent :D

That's true, but there's no smell coming from my mouth when i write. :wink:

Take it easy... I was kissing my books, not you... :D Anyway, keep telling yourself that my saliva is chlorinated, so have no fear ;]

That's true, but there's no smell coming from my mouth when i write.
It depends on what are you writing. Beyond that, I at least make no ink-stains while talking :D

Oh, I one more thing... My house is getting a bit too little for my whole library and therefore I'm going to sell some of it at allegro. If you're looking for some fantasy books at a bargain price, there's a fat chance I have'em :)

ELO !

U re funny people, i think :-) I found very interesting thing :

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-

Only this, and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

Eagerly I wished the morrow;- vainly I had sought to borrow

From my books surcease of sorrow- sorrow for the lost Lenore-

For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore-

Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain

Thrilled me- filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;

So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating,

"'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door-

Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;-

This it is, and nothing more."

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,

"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;

But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,

That I scarce was sure I heard you"- here I opened wide the door;-

Darkness there, and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;

But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,

And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, "Lenore!"

This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, "Lenore!"-

Merely this, and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,

Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.

"Surely," said I, "surely that is something at my window lattice:

Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore-

Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;-

'Tis the wind and nothing more."

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,

In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore;

Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;

But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door-

Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door-

Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,

By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore.

"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven,

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,

Though its answer little meaning- little relevancy bore;

For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being

Ever yet was blest with seeing bird above his chamber door-

Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,

With such name as "Nevermore."

But the raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only

That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.

Nothing further then he uttered- not a feather then he fluttered-

Till I scarcely more than muttered, "other friends have flown before-

On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before."

Then the bird said, "Nevermore."

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,

"Doubtless," said I, "what it utters is its only stock and store,

Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful Disaster

Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore-

Till the dirges of his Hope that melancholy burden bore

Of 'Never- nevermore'."

But the Raven still beguiling all my fancy into smiling,

Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;

Then upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking

Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore-

What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore

Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;

This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining

On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamplight gloated o'er,

But whose velvet violet lining with the lamplight gloating o'er,

She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then methought the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer

Swung by Seraphim whose footfalls tinkled on the tufted floor.

"Wretch," I cried, "thy God hath lent thee- by these angels he hath sent thee

Respite- respite and nepenthe, from thy memories of Lenore!

Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil!- prophet still, if bird or devil!-

Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,

Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-

On this home by horror haunted- tell me truly, I implore-

Is there- is there balm in Gilead?- tell me- tell me, I implore!"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil- prophet still, if bird or devil!

By that Heaven that bends above us- by that God we both adore-

Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,

It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore-

Clasp a rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore."

"Be that word our sign in parting, bird or fiend," I shrieked, upstarting-

"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!

Leave no black plume as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!

Leave my loneliness unbroken!- quit the bust above my door!

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting

On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,

And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor

Shall be lifted- nevermore! "

AAAAHHH! He kissed me! He may have hydrophobia! Was he vaccinated?!

It might be poisonous! Yuck im all wet! His saliva is everywhere! I'm gonna wash these clothes for month! Uhhh, and that smell!

:wink::wink::wink:

Oh my God... you're melting! Help him. Medic! Medic!!

Who said I have 'ticked' books? I burn them once I've read'em... Have I said something wrong? :D

Not at all -CHACHAK- -BANG!- -CHACHAK- -BANG!- -CHACHAK- -BANG!-

-SNIKT!- -SCHLUK!- -SCHLUK!- -SCHLUK!-

Oooo, what cute holes you have! :twisted:

You were talking about that collander? it's quite obvious it has holes, isn't it? ;)

I feel written :wink:

Everything is all write, than ;)

Now, don't be so hard on yourself. I have always liked your accent and even felt envious about it... Have I ever mentioned that I'm completely deaf? :P

It was so called 'english barbaric strike with gammon and spinach.' Keep 'way from me

Nope, it was so called "acting on the spur of the moment". You want me to promise never to do that again? Well, I guess you can't always have what you want... :P

Boys you really get carried away :D And what's more, you don't do mistakes. I'm deeply and profoundly shocked by your behaviour :) But to tell the truth that saves me a lot of time :wink: To tell the truth I've got enough English in my everyday life :) And believe me writting an academic essay on literature is not so fun :?

And considering my practical exams ( wiritng, grammar and oral ) we hava developed a devilish plan in our little anglophilic appartment. After the Easter holidays we plan to ban the Polish language from our house. Only English... It's gonna be pure hell :twisted: But very useful for the exams... And the oral is the only one I'm afraid of... Gotta drop the 'rs' and don't drop the 'ths' if you know what I'm talking about. Phonetics is hell :)

Gość huntereagle

Dear Qbuś

They don't make mistakes but it looks like you could use some practice. :wink: It's not "do mistakes" but "make mistakes" and not "appartment" but "apartment." I'm guessing the "appartment" thingy was just a typo. Normally I don't correct people but I see that you're trying to correct others so I decided to correct you for once. :) Don't get me wrong.

To everyone else: stop with the kissing. This is a public forum you dirty little people :wink: jk, keep the kisses coming. (I was kidding with this one too)

Anyway' date=' keep telling yourself that my saliva is chlorinated, so have no fear ;']

AHHH! I'm allergic to chlorine!!!

It depends on what are you writing. Beyond that' date=' I at least make no ink-stains while talking :D[/quote']

Hmm... that's true. I make ink-stains, but at least i don't spit while talking ;) <Sufferin' Suckatash :D>

Oh' date=' I one more thing... My house is getting a bit too little for my whole library and therefore I'm going to sell some of it at allegro. If you're looking for some fantasy books at a bargain price, there's a fat chance I have'em :)[/quote']

What nickname do you use?

Everything is all write' date=' than[/quote']

You're absolutely write ;)

To tell the truth I've got enough English in my everyday life And believe me writting an academic essay on literature is not so fun

You want to trade for "Automatics"' date=' "Electronics" or "Signal theory"? I'd be a happy man if I could write an essay in exchange to that!

;)+-->

(Hunted Eagle ;))
To everyone else: stop with the kissing. This is a public forum you dirty little people jk, keep the kisses coming. (I was kidding with this one too)[/quote']

Make up Your mind! :D

Gość Radyan

Hey! Let's talk about something serious. The only thing I have on my mind right now it's raising children ;). Do you think that it is possible to make your children good people without beating them? Or maybe you think that this is necessary?

Gość huntereagle
Anyway' date=' keep telling yourself that my saliva is chlorinated, so have no fear ;']

HA so am I :wink:

;)+-->

(Hunted Eagle ;))
To everyone else: stop with the kissing. This is a public forum you dirty little people jk, keep the kisses coming. (I was kidding with this one too)

Make up Your mind! :D

You, you, you...something :!: It's huntereagle and not Hunted Eagle. Remember this FOREVER :wink:

Gość shinobi

Now this thread is the most confusing one i've seen :P What's the main purpose of it? Spamming and getting higher stats? :wink: Now let's talk about CDA in english :D Maybe soem foreigner will visit the site and see it :wink:

Dear Qbuś

They don't make mistakes but it looks like you could use some practice. :wink: It's not "do mistakes" but "make mistakes" and not "appartment" but "apartment." I'm guessing the "appartment" thingy was just a typo. Normally I don't correct people but I see that you're trying to correct others so I decided to correct you for once. :) Don't get me wrong.

Oopsy daisies :D There's no possibility I could get you wrong - I'm glad for every correction you've made :) I promise to behave better next time. Apartment was a typo but "do mistakes" is a real no no :? I guess I trusted my skills a little too much and got carried away. Gotta pay more attention to what I write because this incident is a great shame. I should chastise myself. The worst thing is that I knew that it's not correct and still it got there :? And for the future - if anyone notices any mistakes please don't be affraid to point them out!

And for a little comic relief I've got a tongue twister for y'all:

Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie

Try saying that really quick :twisted:

Gość huntereagle
Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie

Try saying that really quick :twisted:

Wow, it's a good one. I even broke a sweat trying to say it. After I don't know how many times I did it!!!! :lol:

Outstanding..! Oops, I mean I'm very sorry for you, but I can can't see how a person would live with a chlorine allergy? Aren't you washing or something? :P:wink:

About that book-sellin' thingy - I haven't yet offered any online sells. You may say I'm checking the market right now. But as far as I see, there's quite high interest. I wanna to make a list which will consist of all my books for sale. I just have to find some spare time! Ack!

I wanna to make a list which will consist of all my books for sale. I just have to find some spare time! Ack!

I must say that judging by your book taste the offer will be quite tempting for me :twisted: But as a student I am a victim of a tragic disease - chronic lack of cash :? and I'm afriad that even my temptations won't overcome it :( But I will be bery glad to take a look :wink:

And if you want more of them tongue twisters - just shout me a holler 8)

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...