Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Free Frag - stop promoting this site everywhere plz ;P

Ah well – what can I say ? I just want to make something out of it – not necessary by focusing on the topic of Smuggler.

Do you know any other, better way ? If anyone feels angry about it then I’m sorry, but as long as I don’t have

any other ideas – I will stick to this.

Maybe there’s a site on which you can advert such a forum that I don’t know about ?

See what you’ve done – I’m first on the new page with a post like that….eeeh

On the other hand, if they dont talk smartly, it will show that they "lack" brain

That depends on how you define 'smartly'. If someone would really be able to talk in such sentences than respect for him... But on the other hand by a normal Englishman he would be looked upon as a freak. In Polish you can also construct such long sentences ( possible even infinitely long ) but if someone would speak like that what would you think of him?

Can anyone help me? I need to translate these sentenses:

-imperfect second-person singular form of the verb be

-old 2nd person singular pronoun

-used to form the future tense of verbs

-English accusative case form

-present third-person singular form of the verb have

-present second-person singular form of the verb have

-suffix used to form the present third-person singular of regular verbs

-suffix used to form the present second

-person singular of regular verbs

-English accusative case form of indicative pronoun there

Thanks for any replies.

Good morning. If You like "sophisticated" english please visit the site: www.weebl.jolt.co.uk On the right side You'll have the menu in which You should click the 'full list' link. Then You slide to the bottom of the site and check each one of the animations. They are gorgeous 8)

As someone said before: Cheers! :D

Po co Ci takie cuda? Ale spoko - Qbuś do usług.

-imperfect second-person singular form of the verb be

Niedokonana forma drugiej osoby liczby pojedycznej czasownika 'be'

-old 2nd person singular pronoun

Stary zaimek drugiej osoby liczny poj

-used to form the future tense of verbs

Używany do tworzenia formy przyszłej czasowników

-present third-person singular form of the verb have

Trzecia osoba l.poj. czasu teraźniejszego czasownika 'have'

-present second-person singular form of the verb have

Druga osoba l.poj. czasu teraźniejszego czasownika 'have'

-suffix used to form the present third-person singular of regular verbs

Przyrostek używany do tworzenia trzeciej osoby czasu teraźniejszego czasowników regularnych

-suffix used to form the present second person singular of regular verbs

Przyrostek używany do tworzenia drugiej osoby czasu teraźniejszego czasowników regularnych

-English accusative case form of indicative pronoun there

Angielska forma biernika zaimka wskazującego 'there'

Thanks for any replies.

Don't mention it ( that is - give all your money :faja: ) you lazy bas...

All right, now it's my turn :).

I've made a vow that I'm going to study harder. Therefore, I'm writing here to ask those who know the very...erm...tajniki 8) of English a few questions.

Here they are:

1. Are there any differences between make sure and ensure? Can they be used in the same situations?

2. Could someone translate the following phrase into English? - Postawmy sprawę jasno.

I've got no idea how it should be :(

And the last question - is the sentence below correct?

Don't judge others on their appearance

I think there is a mistake (on), but I'm not sure... I would be grateful for any help :)

1. Are there any differences between make sure and ensure?

Make sure and ensure mean 'upewniać się'. The second verb also means "zapewniać, gwarantować, zagwarantować'.

Can they be used in the same situations?

It depends on situation.

Nearly correct ;] Don't judge others by their appearance

1. Are there any differences between make sure and ensure? Can they be used in the same situations?

Well, first of all, you can ensure safety, but you cannot *make sure safety ;) What I am driving at is - ensure must be followed either by a noun, or by a clause, e.g. "They had to ensure that the laws were obeyed". When it comes to "make sure", it can only be followed by a clause. You cannot *make sure something.

Now, for the meaning. The difference is very subtle, but still there IS a difference and in most cases they CANNOT be used interchangeably. You could say: Make sure (that) he comes. But the sentence *Ensure (that) he comes. seems ungrammatical to me. Even if we changed it to Ensure his coming. ... well, it might be grammatical (I am no native speaker, so I'm not sure), but it definitely sounds awkward. Best thing you could do - look for examples of the use of either expression in a sentence, and then try to analyse the differences.

Nearly correct ;] Don't judge others by their appearance

Well, unfortunately BOTH are correct ;) Really. "By' is used by far more often, but 'on' is acceptable.

Hope I was of some help, at least.

Best wishes ;)

Thanks, SolariS. You've been most helpful :)

And now something completely different. If my memory serves me well, there used to be some sort of a vocabulary game in this thread some time ago. I have in mind the one in which users posted sophisticated words/phrases, so that others could expand their vocabulary.

Perhaps it's worth being introduced once again? :)

Let me start: :wink:

-subterfuge

-adventitious

-desecration

-expendable

-perilous

-frowsty

-impugn

I find those words both interesting and quite useful :). Sooo...now it's your turn 8)

EDIT: of course, if you didn't know some of them, please let me know before you take revenge upon me 8)

EDIT #2 (what's wrong with me?): I would also be grateful if you corrected any mistakes that you found in my posts :)

Actually, the schema is: I prefer doing sth TO doing sth.

But Qrczak is right - if your susceptible to stress, than you must be prepared for a slightly lower score. Of course there is nothing to be nervous about, but I know such pieces of advice are good for nothing. Just like people saying "there is nothing to be afraid of" when you're in a waiting room at the dentist's :P

EDIT:

That's a really no no . Just a typo, I presume

You're damn right ;) I've always had problems with them contractions.

Elmias, could be so nice and say something more about it? What was the topic about, why did you find it difficult etc.?

But Qrczak is right - if your susceptible to stress

That's a really no no :). Just a typo, I presume :wink:

Or oral english

Remember, "English" is written with a capital letter. :wink:

I knew that I'll pass

It should be "I knew that I would pass".

I see my proposition of enliving the vocabulary game didn't meet with a warm welcome. Pity.

So, let me say a few words about my oral English exam.

Needless to say, I set about the exam on the extended level.

The first part - so called "stymulus" - was exceedingly friendly to me.

It was about the price of fame, so I didn't have any problems neither with describing the material nor with answering the questions. I dare say it was a piece of cake.

The presentation was somewhat worse, but I...erm...poradziłem sobie :wink:

Here are the topics:

1. Is it easier or rather difficult for young people to gain independence nowadays? Justify your opinion.

2. Americans are said to be obsessful about healthy diets and lifestyle. However, they have become the most obese nation in the world. How does American lifestyle influence Polish eating habits and our lifestyle? Justify your opinion.

Something like that :wink:

Having finished the exam, I was quite upset and dissatisfied with my performance. I thought I wouldn't get more than 12 points, but when it came to revealing the results, I was quite surprised - I got 20 points.

Still can't believe how it could happen :).

I'll also add a few words about the Polish oral exam. Well, I got 15 points and I'm satisfied, because:

- my presentation was bought :D/

- I didn't even read it once until there was one day left to the exam

- I had to simultaneously read and learn both the presentation and 5...briefs of the obligatory books I had in the bibliography :wink:

To sum up - matura has left the game :D/

I WORRIED ABOUT, I think.

What you think is wrong. :)

But Qrczak is right - if your susceptible to stress

That's a really no no :). Just a typo, I presume :wink:

Excuse me for correcting a correction but it should be 'a real no no' :wink:

- my presentation was bought :Dancing:

And that's one of the reason why this coutry looks how it looks. Is that really a reason to be happy? This kind of an attitude and the attitude to cheating on exams/tests is another. We nag about politicans lying, cheating and stealing... While we do the same. I don't say that everyone does it but in England you would get thrown out of school or suspended right away. It is a considered a crime - not only by schools but by the general opinion. But that's just me... I just cannot treat normally a situation when a student of mathemathics who does not cheat is looked upon as a freak and loser.

I know this is just a little thing, 'just cheating'... But from those little things the big ones come.

Excuse me for correcting a correction but it should be 'a real no no' :wink:

Dammit. My bad. Touche 8)

And about the presentation...

Well, perhaps that wasn't too honest (buying it), but I do not regret having done so.

Firstly, the Polish oral exam is completely pointless, it's just an "art for art" (is this phrase correct?). The last year one couldn't find a single university which deemed the results of the Polish oral exam. To me, it's just a waste of time and effort. I'd raher learn something that I may need in the future - like English - instead of wasting time on working on a presentation from Polish.

You see, no university deems the results from the Polish oral exam, but you still have to pass it. Should you fail...well, better luck next year. As I said - a waste of time.

By the way - there will be no oral exam from Polish next year. Guess why :)

The second thing - I'm not proud of my deception. No, don't get me wrong. I was just satisfied with my results, because I had a lot of work to do in a short time and I did quite well.

You can believe me or not, but I dislike of cheating as well. Rarely did I cheat at school - only then when I couldn't afford to get another bad mark :P.

To sum this up - taking in consideration the fact that the results from the Polish oral exam mean nothing, while students still have to pass it, I decided to take a shortcut. No one was and won't be harmed by this.

Still, I shall not do this again, unless it will be completely necessary.

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...