Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

I knew that I'll pass

It should be "I knew that I would pass".

Or "I know that I'll pass" - 1st conditional

p.s. Am I wrong?

Yes' date=' you are :) . That what you have written is in Present Simple and Future Simple. First conditional would have been if you had written 'if I know that, I'll pass', but it's in Present Simple and Future Simple, and these times in this context are pointless :wink: . At least in my humble opinion :) .

EDIT:

When speaking about grammar you should use the word TENSE.

Yes, you are right, my mistake :wink: .

You know, POLIPOLIK, learning english is much better when you try to think in english. I had to talk only in english for one whole day and I learnd how to initiate thinking in english. In my opinion that's the best way to learn english.

Just like the sentence: If you can't defeat them - join them. (In this case - If you can't learn it - think like it. - or something like that.) 8)

You know, POLIPOLIK, learning english is much better when you try to think in english. I had to talk only in english for one whole day and I learnd how to initiate thinking in english. In my opinion that's the best way to learn english.

Just like the sentence: If you can't defeat them - join them. (In this case - If you can't learn it - think like it. - or something like that.) 8)

Learning English ? The best and – what a coincidence – also the easiest way to achieve great results is to just

listen to the language – for example by watching British television channels or by paying some Englishman a visit in

their home country. That’s how I’ve learned this foreign tongue – I remember that when I was a kid – maybe eight or nine

years old – I’ve watched mostly Cartoon Network, as a teenager – British Euro Sport; and now

channels like BBC, CNN, CNBC, KFC :P

Also a good way is to listen to music of American or United Kingdom artists and try to write down the words.

We’ve done those kind of exercises in junior high – and I can assure you that they work great…

There are also some bad aspects of those methods – the thing is that you won’t learn anything about grammar.

But as Elmias said – it’s far more important to gain a skill of “thinking in English” – let me put it this way – when you

use Polish in a conversation you don’t have to think about the construction of the sentence that

you want to emit – that’s because you know the language that you’re using thanks to practicing !

You just have to reach the same level in English and no exams will be difficult ever again !

You act like a little child that one day says “Mama” – how does the child do that – It just listens to “Mama” all the

time when parents talk to it and between each other…

Analogy – that’s the key word…

Thanks to those kind of skills I’ve received maximum points from my oral exam, and also 98 and 86 percent from

the written test just by watching TV – without any learning – not even a tiny, little bit of reading or anything…

He didn't make a mistake. In fact, the literal meaning of the word "tongue" is... indeed, language. Sorry, no bonus ;)

Exactly. For example we use phrase "mother tongue" when we want to say "język ojczysty" ;)

I want to say one thing about using English in practice - as I noticed during the exchange I participated this this spring, when people talk in English they don't care about grammar, just try to communicate with each other, so there must be the balance between learning grammar and using language. When you only learn in school without practice you will have some problems with talking with someone in English and of course only talking and learning new words won't teach you correct using them an you will have problems with grammar. But everything I've written above is obvious, I think ;)

Buahah.<I just couldnt resist myself :)

I'm sure you ment language :)

As a matter of fact – Yes ! – By saying “tongue” I’ve meant “language”

- for more explanations check the dictionary or look at the massages above this one…

You can’t use the word “language” all the time, like this:

English language (…) The best way to learn this foreign language (…) This language (…)

You got to avoid repetitions of the same word – it’s a general rule

for Polish, English, German, Spanish, French, Hungarian, etc. – use synonyms; like for example:

English speech (…) The best way to learn this foreign tongue (…) This language (…)

C’mon show some pluralism of the verbs that you use, construct different sentences that

describe the same thing – It’s not so hard and can give you extra points on any type of exam, or even in a

conversation with your future boss – that is – if you decide to work beyond Polish borders... :P

You should write it in English, I think.

I learn English quite easy, and I understand nearly everything what people are talking to me. I also watch films in English chanels, and this helpfull in learning this language.

If I wrote sth wrong, please correct my mistakes.

You should write it in English, I think.

I learn English quite easy, and I understand nearly everything what people are talking to me. I also watch films in English chanels, and this helpfull in learning this language.

If I wrote sth wrong, please correct my mistakes.

You understand near everything.....your grammar should be revisited....

"I understand nearly everything what people TALK to me"......this is simple present not the present continous.

"...and this IS helpfull in learning OF this language"

"...and this IS helpful in learning this language"

;) And you cannot learn of something, you can learn something ;)

I think that, we can learn a lot of english words, when we play in english games Very Happy I learnt thus many. I like too hear english lyrics if I not understand anythink i translate it. See ya! Very Happy

Oh my god...

I think that we can learn a lot of english words when we play english games. I learnt thus many. I (also) like to listen to english lyrics (too), if I don't understand anything i translate it. See ya!

:arrow: "play something" not "play in something"

:arrow: too means "też" (if you meant "lubię też ..." you should write "I also like to ..." or "... like to listen to english lyrics too")

:arrow: "hear" means "usłuszeć", "listen to" means "słuchać"

:arrow: first of all "anything" not "anything", secondly: "I do not ...", thirdly: I think you meant "If I don't understand something (no, chyba że tłumaczysz dopiero jak zupełnie nic nie rozumiesz ;))

EDIT:

If I wrote sth wrong, please correct my errors.

Mistake means "błąd" but like "pomyłka", "error" means "błąd (np. ortograficzny)"

Say, people, don't get round to correcting others when you are not certain of what you write. Some so called 'corrections' made are even worse than the original versions :P Don't spread disinformation, for there are people here who might want to make use of your pieces of advice.

And you know what?

Today I've been helping my parents in their shop when a man came and asked "czy jest łiskas do butu?".

The only thing that i've done was stare at him, because I didn't understand what he wanted from me.

He had to see my confused look because he started to gesticulate and pinpoint his shoes.

Only later I discovered that he wanted not a cat-food but a shoehorn. (lmao!)

Oh and believe me Russian sucks. ;)

To write in english is pretty easy - you see it everywhere, on the commercials, in the games... Besides, most schools teach english from 3rd grade now, so you know the basics from the begining...

The real problem is when you need to speak english fluently, and not make stupid mistakes (2 years in US and i still make too many :P). And belive me, its hard to live here, to attend high school, even if most of the people speak polish. And also, you'll communicate with someone that is learning english more easily than with someone that learned this language as a kid. For example, you only patrialy understand what a black guy says to you because of their slang and accent. And belive me - everyone here will notice that you were not born here :P

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...