Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Hello, its my first post in English, So I've learned english from 1992, (I lived in Scotland for some years 8) ) So I had a funny Scottish "ar" accent, it was quite funny :) , Now I've made a International Baccalaureate :arrow: (hard word) Diploma, which I am proud off. :D

Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself.

My name is the game (cool what a great rhyme we got here :) )

I'm from Compton - the worst hood in whole Los Aangeles.

Gangsters, drugs, prostitutes on the streets - That's my s**t yo.

It's a joke of course.

I'm a regular 17- years old boy

I'm also a proud citizen of a noble country called Poland

You probably know where it is - couple of DUCKS is runnin' this bussines am I right?? :D

Congratulations...

Scotland? They have there "aye" in place of "yes" and "laddie" instead "boy" or I wrong? Maybe it's in irish.

Aye you are writing the truth laddie :D But only the older age people talk that way, the youth talks normal english :)

Hi! ;]

It's my first post in english.... so maybe I'll introduce myself?

I learned english from "O.K." - a magazine for kids. I liked it, so readed it all, even the english part. My skill in this language had it's test in "Fallout" game and it's sequel. Man those were times :~) I learned much from these games.

Computer serves me as a machine to play (mostly RPG and RTS) and listen to music. I don't talk about surfing the Internet because this is obvious ;b

I like information technology, cars, mechanics, electronics etc.

Now I know that my knowledge about english will help me much in life (have sooo much plans... ;] ). Sometimes I even prefer using english than polish because it's more beautiful :~)

That's all about me. Thx for listening :~)

Oh, topic like this is always a way to test and improve your english... but posts "let me indroduce myself, let me introduce!" are little boring imo.

What do u think about polish versions of games? I wonder if we really need it. People who don't know english, and they wanna play, should have a bigger motivation to learn it. Guys, don't be lazy :D

Yeah, you're right.

I know english very well, and it helps me to play not translated games.

Even more - I'd rather like to play english versions. I always love to listen english language, and it's no problem for me to understand it.;)

Do you know how good is to read books or letters in, for example, Thief? Simply, the language used in this game is beautiful. The version which is translated, losts all of that old-fashioned style in this game.

What do you think?

One thing I'll say: I didn't study English all these years and get a bloody CPE just to see the translated subtitles and think to myself, "Who in the Nine Hells allowed this to go through?"

One good thing about learning English: you can go back to all those old games you had in your youth but never really understood, and gain a whole new appreciation for them.

I do not agree with you. Translations are good solutions for those, who don't speak English or speak it not too good. Now I don't normally have any problems to understand English subtitles, but when I was younger, it was really hard. Even now I often don't understand some speeches, so I found translations positive. Of course it's nice when you learn English from games, but the mission of games is giving pleasure, not teaching the youngsters. My native language is Polish and it's nice to see it in my favourite game.

I learned 80% of my english knowledge from... Fallout and Fallout2. Those were great fun, but actually were a good source of vocabulary :~)

p.s. Oh come on, I only introduced myself once, I promise I won't do it again ;b

That's right. I devoured at least 40% of my vocabulary from movies, music and games. No one will ever say that games are not instructive.

Right now I'm making my B.A. (Bachelor's degree) in English philology. After that I will make master. Most likely in English (or American) culture. I haven't got nerves to be a teacher and I'm a bit too weak to be a sworn translator.

I do not agree with you. Translations are good solutions for those, who don't speak English or speak it not too good. Now I don't normally have any problems to understand English subtitles, but when I was younger, it was really hard. Even now I often don't understand some speeches, so I found translations positive. Of course it's nice when you learn English from games, but the mission of games is giving pleasure, not teaching the youngsters. My native language is Polish and it's nice to see it in my favourite game.

Translations I don't mind. Subtitles I don't mind. When they're *properly* done, and when I'm given the option to switch to the original version if I want.

I'd much rather have heard Ron Perlman as the narrator in Fallout Tactics than whoever it is they got for our version. Zborowski and Fronczewski are good actors, but honestly, how many games can you play back to back where you keep hearing their voices?

Again, I'm not saying Polish versions are a bad idea. But at least give people some choice in the matter!

Right now I'm making my B.A. (Bachelor's degree) in English philology. After that I will make master. Most likely in English (or American) culture. I haven't got nerves to be a teacher and I'm a bit too weak to be a sworn translator.

And where are you doing this, if I may ask? :wink: I, myself, am about to try to pass my BA exam, on the Adam Mickiewicz University. And my BA paper was on American literature. I am going to apply for the MA course and try to get on one of the American literature seminars.

English... I learned English from everything that I could :wink: In the very very begining it was TV - Sky One to be precise. It showed video games and it was meeeega cool. At first I didn't understand a word but I didn't care :wink: On the later stages everyone must pick his favourite way of practice. Individual differences pay a very important role in language mastering.

PAP in Słupsk. If I had 2 points more on the exam, I would be learning in Gdańsk. However, one of the professors from Poznań is coming once a month to do a lecture, prof. Drozdział - Szelest. You probably know her. I can make BA only in methodology. For master I'm going to apply in Gdańsk.

In October I'm going to be a junior (3rd year of studies).

PAP in Słupsk. If I had 2 points more on the exam, I would be learning in Gdańsk. However, one of the professors from Poznań is coming once a month to do a lecture, prof. Drozdział - Szelest. You probably know her. I can make BA only in methodology. For master I'm going to apply in Gdańsk.

In October I'm going to be a junior (3rd year of studies).

Good luck mate ;~) I know it will be hard.

XanderMorhaime is right, when you can switch to the original version it's better than only polish translation. But the costs of that operation are very large (becasue a translated and non-translated version are just two other games).

BUT there's an option that somebody can make a patch and that patch could be put on the CD/DVD with game. Then we install the game, get it done in the original version, and then install the polish translation. Problem's done? :~P

Uh, It’s been a while since I’ve wrote my last post in a topic, that your currently have a pleasure to read.

That’s mainly because most of the forum users, don’t even try to initiate a discussion in here.

Therefore I’m very glad to see that an pretty interesting matter have been brought out.

Official translations of movies, games etc. stand often on a very different level.

I think that everyone of us here, can mention of at least few examples of rubbish interpretations, of people that should

know the foreign tongue that I’m currently writing in most.

I remember a game in which expression "Ten, four", that means "Odebrałem" or "Zrozumiano" was translated by an obvious

amateur and finally sounded like this: "Dziesięć, cztey".

On the other hand we have productions like "Tropico" – a simply marvelous example of how a job should be done.

When it comes to movies I rather prefer them in the original version. Dubbing as well as subtitles are actually useless

in my point of view – that’s obviously because I understand the language very well.

If someone needs help, then I think that both of those systems have their strong and weak elements.

When we’re using subtitles, than we still hear what the actors are saying – therefore we can figure out in what kind of mood a

sentence was expressed in, without even understanding what does it mean.

We can close our eyes, and still know if the character played by the performer is sad, or maybe mad.

If we choose to buy a version of a movie that includes dubbing, then we can concentrate on the images that

our television set displays, without being distracted by any kind of white letters.

I think that what we choose should depend on the genre of a film that we’re willing to see.

For example – action movies will probably be more fun to watch with dubbing – even a miserable one, but when

it comes to drama then undoubtedly we should choose subtitles.

Of course there are translations which include the best features of both of those styles, but they are very rare.

When we’re using subtitles, than we still hear what the actors are saying – therefore we can figure out in what kind of mood a

sentence was expressed in, without even understanding what does it mean.

We can close our eyes, and still know if the character played by the performer is sad, or maybe mad.

I prefer movies with subtitles, because I understand English quite well and I like to correct translator' s mistakes :D If there isnn't any film with subtitles, then I'll probably take movie with a lector - movies from that kind are better, than with dubbing, because in most of them we can hear original actors' voices.

The same film with lector are often differ for viewer from this film with subtitles (or in orginal language). For example - x months ago i watched Pirates Of Caribbean: The Curse of Black Pearl (I love evrything about pirates, this film it's great mix of adventure and comedy - i really like it) on Polsat. Translate was... awful! Did anybody saw it? There was a lot of some kind of stuffy words. The same film with subtitles (or better - with english subtitles ;]) is ever so much funny and interesting.

... prof. Drozdział - Szelest. You probably know her. I can make BA only in methodology.

Oh, I do know... I do. Maybe I wish I did not have the pleasure. Lectures always at 8 o'clock... And a nasty little trick she performed on us. At the first lecture she said the lectures were not obligatory and she is checking the attendance ( lists ) just to see how good the people attending will do... And at the end of the 3rd year... The people with little presence had serious problems. Nasty lady in my opinion. Often treats students with little respect. And she is a methodology professor...

V speech --> For me it was not about understanding but about the phonetics :P

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...