Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Well... well... I didn't know that there are such nice topics, here, on the CDA forums... :shock: (this is my first time here)

First of all, I want to say 'Congratooolations' on the good idea of creating this topic. It's nice to see that, there are some people still speaking this beautiful language, that English is. :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I do speak polish, too. I'm just sticking to the thread rules, that's all. :roll:

Anyway, I will be a member of these... so called 'forums' for the next weeks, months or even years. Why? In order to practise. :P

Well... well... I didn't know that there are such nice topics, here, on the CDA forums... (this is my first time here)

My too. I like english lessons at school(I am at first class in gimnasium 8) ). This language is fabulous. It's easy and sounds well. Also, it helps in playing games. Thanks to it, I am the best at English in my class 8) .

I like when on forums are topics like this

No way! Past Continuous is used to (among other uses) describe past activities that were in the act of being done in a certain time in past. There's nothing about how long the activity was being done. For example:

That's what I wanted to say. Past Continuous refers to some activities that we don't know if they were done :D

It's nice to see that, there are some people still speaking this beautiful language, that English is.

What do you mean by "still speaking"?? Half of our world or at least quatter of it speaks that language as good as their own :D

Hmmm... Nice idea with this topic, I just find, that it existe. I decided few days ago, that I should and I will practice my English, becouse my current level does't satisfy me. I watch some programs in TV in English and now I find this topic. Great! I'm sure, that I will be making many of mistakes, but I hope I will be learnig on them. I especially will be trying to learn words, becouse it really makes me nervous, when I can't find some. I have a question - what are rules with coma before "that" - same as in Polish? And in the end, I wish everybody here to become a better in English everyday. Mistakes? Please tell me.

A message to everyone who want to learn some English. I suggest you to download your most favourite films, sitcoms, cartoons or whatever else it could be and watch them in English version. It is very helpful cause you get used to the language. As for now I have circa about 19-20 GB of movies and sitcoms including all parts of Indiana Jones and Blues Brohters. And in addition to this I have also all episodes of Family Guy ( that's a cartoon but it's great with its sarcastic humor) and many episodes of the Simpsons. So I encourage you to watch any movies you can in English. It really helps to catch some slang and useful expressions which you can then use in speaking English.

I suggest you to download your most favourite films, sitcoms, cartoons or whatever else it could be and watch them in English version.

Or listen to rap music, especially Bone Thugs style. If ya understand what Bizzy Bone or Twista talkin' 'baut ,ya understand everything.

Or listen to rap music, especially Bone Thugs style. If ya understand what Bizzy Bone or Twista talkin' 'baut ,ya understand everything.

Yeah right. Mmmm....rap music. I've got much problems with the leader of Speaker Boxxx in the Outkast song called "Roses". He's just too fast for me ( it's not so hard to understand it but try to sing it as I had to do it on Singstar). And what ya' say bout' "Vanilla Ice Ice baby". That's kinda' impossible to catch out all of the words or catch any sense of this song :D I know only that he's singin' somethin' bout' bein' a gangsta' but it's just stupid cause he's sayin he's gonna fry those gangstas like becon :D

Gość Samuel Vimes
Czajnik is right, watching movies in English helps a lot. I also know good way. Reading books in English It really increases amount of words you know.

Yup, that chap is quite right. I've watched "Pirates of the Carribean" ever so many times in english... :D Besides, we're gamers, aren't we? So - playing computer games in english is a tremendous way to learn and especially increase your vocabulary. I've completed Broken Sword III in Shakespeare's language, for example, I'm gonna take Dreamfall with original subtitles... And I tried - and almost succeeded in finishing - reading "Colour of Magic" in original - my first Terry Pratchett Book. Now I'm a Discworld fan.

Yup, that chap is quite right. I've watched "Pirates of the Carribean" ever so many times in english... Besides, we're gamers, aren't we? So - playing computer games in english is a tremendous way to learn and especially increase your vocabulary. I've completed Broken Sword III in Shakespeare's language, for example, I'm gonna take Dreamfall with original subtitles... And I tried - and almost succeeded in finishing - reading "Colour of Magic" in original - my first Terry Pratchett Book. Now I'm a Discworld fan.

You're right about those games, Sam. For example GTA San Andreas. A great way to learn some slang :D And even when you don't get all the words in spoken dialogues you've got subtitles :D But now it would be harder and harder to find english games, because CDProject started to translate all of thier games. Of course I can download a patch, but look at those who don't have Internet.

Mmmm, Discworld :) Unfortunately I have read only in Polish.

Gaming a way to perfectness. I guess it sounds a little bit like addicted one talking :)

About translation of games/movies/book. It's not so bad. Many good jokes are understandable only to someone who knows English culture enough. So translating it to Polish can make game funnier. I think the best idea is to give ppl a choice which version they would like to have during instalation process, or while playing via some options in menu.

I once watched Matrix (I have it on dvd) with English subtitles just because the Polish translation was so horrible ("macierz cie więzi", for example), and at that time I wasn't very good at understanding spoken English ;)

And as for Discworld, as I wrote in the "Books" topic I've got some of Pratchett's books in English - I sometimes have some problems understanding some parts, but in my opinion, it's worth it. :D

Gość Samuel Vimes
I sometimes have some problems understanding some parts, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

Precisely. I didn't understand some parts of "The Colour..." as well, but I could feel the climate of the twin city of Ankh-Morpork. It was then when I first got this adamant, firm, magical image of the World placed on the back of a giant turtle... I can see fire roaring through Short Street right now... But I guess I'm going off topic :) , scuse me.

Polish translation was so horrible

Too damn right! I remember Trinity as "Trójca", Tank as "Czołg", Sypher as "Szyfrant" (It should have been "Syf" :D )... It's almost like Łoziński's translation of "The Lord of the Rings"... In the name of Captain Jack Sparrow, why won't they leave personal names in peace?

If I have to choose which game buy - in English or in Polish, I would choose this one in English. It's because translations aren't good and I can learn some of language from games. I learnt from KotOR (now I'm finishing the second part - Sith Lords, great game, but first part was much better).

Is anybody here going to take FC ? I'm taking it in June, hope I pass it, still much to learn

Too damn right! I remember Trinity as "Trójca", Tank as "Czołg", Sypher as "Szyfrant" (It should have been "Syf" :D )... It's almost like Łoziński's translation of "The Lord of the Rings"... In the name of Captain Jack Sparrow, why won't they leave personal names in peace?

Actually I think the best one was 'Obojnia' for Switch ;)

As for FC, I passed it last year (I've got 'B-' :D8)).

I have B2 level TELC's certificate. So I can: " Understand meaning of main plots in complicated text about specific and abstract topics, discussion about technical topics in my filed of interest (IT). I can provide native speaker with fluent and spontaneous conversation without causing any stress on any side (funny). I'm able to form clean and detailed pronouncements, both spoken and written, in wide range of topics and also give an explanation for my opinion for thing being discussed, taking advantages and disadvantages of given solution. "

I took this exam after one year of pause in contact with English and one year of B1 level course. So I made it without any proper preparations and got 3.5. Mark is not too high, but still it means 70 - 79.5 % of points.

Being an IT student at Politechnika Lodz can be very entertaining :)

As for FC, I passed it last year (I've got 'B-' ).

Oh you've passed FCE with B. Just like me :D Now i'm preparing to take the CAE exam. After that one, I will have a chance to teach English as a teacher. That gives me many opportunities in gaining a job in future.

Gość Samuel Vimes

Actually, I did FC 'bout two weeks ago... Currently waiting for the results, huhhuh-uh. I think I managed quite well, I didn't find it impossibly difficult, but I had my problems - in writing, for example, I could hardly fit the word limit (180). It was close, I had to do a lot of crossing out and I almost run out of time. Nevertheless, it was fun.

Actually I think the best one was 'Obojnia' for Switch

Rats, I forgot that one. You are very right. :D

Oh you've passed FCE with B. Just like me Now i'm preparing to take the CAE exam. After that one, I will have a chance to teach English as a teacher. That gives me many opportunities in gaining a job in future.

This is very true, but I heard that when you're trying to get a job in England, they don't look at certificates you make in Poland - in fact, those certificates (FCE, CAE, CPE and some more) only matter in our country. Is that correct? It was said so on one of Onet forumz, I think.

Actually, I did FC 'bout two weeks ago... Currently waiting for the results, huhhuh-uh. I think I managed quite well, I didn't find it impossibly difficult, but I had my problems - in writing, for example, I could hardly fit the word limit (180). It was close, I had to do a lot of crossing out and I almost run out of time. Nevertheless, it was fun.

A long period of time being absent - a good time to start it all again. I took FCE exam in a Summer Session this year and passed it! (B) ;) IMO exam was a little bit easier. The biggest surprise was my scoring in Listening - about 90%... and so writing (expect it as best) went bad (about 75%).

This is very true, but I heard that when you're trying to get a job in England, they don't look at certificates you make in Poland - in fact, those certificates (FCE, CAE, CPE and some more) only matter in our country. Is that correct? It was said so on one of Onet forumz, I think.

Yep, FCEs, CAEs and other exams don't matter abroad; it's good to take any test/exam f.e. in GB to be recognizable when trying to find a job.

Hi everybody.

I am writing at this topic becouse I want to learn English. In my school I have only very good marks but I know that my... skills... are poor so I decided to write here and register on webpage called "ang.pl" where I can meet people and use advenced dictionaires.

Please, don't shout at me becouse I want to be better and better in English language. Tell me, where I doing mistakes and I will be pleasured.

Thanks from the mountain... :) joke, joke, joke :P

P.S. These days I discover two news, interesting words (one word and one idiom):

label - a piece of paper or other material that gives you information about the object it is attached to

to tear smb. (your, my and so on) hair out

Hi everybody.

I am writing at this topic because I want to learn English. At my school I have only very good marks (?) but I know that my... skills... are poor so I decided to write here and register on webpage called "ang.pl" where I can meet people and use advenced dictionaires.

Please, don't shout at me becouse I want to be better and better in English language. Tell me, where I am doing mistakes and I will be pleasured.

P.S. These days (today?) I discover (I've discovered?) two news, interesting words (one word and one idiom):

label - a piece of paper or other material that gives you information about the object it is attached to

You've said you want to be corrected, so here U are ;) Yep, correcting is a very interesting thing. You can also learn from someone when doing this. Greetings Men ;)

oger [W]aters]
Hi everybody.

I am writing at this topic because I want to learn English. At my school I have only very good marks (?) but I know that my... skills... are poor so I decided to write here and register on webpage called "ang.pl" where I can meet people and use advenced dictionaires.

Please, don't shout at me becouse I want to be better and better in English language. Tell me, where I am doing mistakes and I will be pleasured.

P.S. These days (today?) I discover (I've discovered?) two news, interesting words (one word and one idiom):

You've said you want to be corrected, so here U are ;) Yep, correcting is a very interesting thing. You can also learn from someone when doing this. Greetings Men ;)

Thanks a lot :). You must be clever, polite and sensible person! Frankly speaking, I don't know I must write "today" instead of "these days". Thanks one more time.

oger [W]aters]

I am writing at this topic because I want to learn English. At my school I have only very good marks (?) 'grades' would be a better word here ;) but I know that my... skills... are poor so I decided to write here and register on webpage called "ang.pl" where I can meet people and use advanced dictionaries.

Please, don't shout at me because I want to be better and better in English language. Tell me, where I am doing mistakes and I will be pleasured.

P.S. These days (today?) I discover (I've discovered?) two news ??? 'news' is a completely different word ;), interesting words (one word and one idiom):

to tear sb's. (your, my and so on) hair out

;)

Tell me, where I doing mistakes and I will be pleasured.
I guess it should be: "Tell me, where I do mistakes and I will be pleasured." 1st conditional construction, right :?: Also word 'pleasured' is not the best choice here. It suggests some 18+ only stuff. Grateful is a good equivalent. Still I would say that rather like this: "I would love to know/learn where am I doing mistakes, so if anyone sees anything wrong, please tell me." It's generally more accurate way to ask for anything. Especially if you ask ppl you don't know.

I would love to know/learn where am I doing mistakes, so if anyone sees anything wrong, please tell me.

Only you should not use inversion here: "I would like to know where I am doing mistakes..."

By the way, I believe one doesn't really need to be so... official... in the Internet. Why not say, "Please tell me where I am doing mistakes, I'll be pleased/grateful."

Cheers, mates, have a happy new year.

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...