Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Yeah, but usually people learn the formal language before learning everyday English ;)

That's cause at schools/private's/anything connected with studying they're teaching formal English. It's a big surprise - being in f.e GB, cause of shortcuts and different accent (or slang or sth). But watching TV in English should improve our skills in understanding differences ;)

oger [W]aters napisał:]

two news ??? 'news' is a completely different word

I am very happy that you are so perceptive but that was only small mistake :).

I want to write "new" but my finger pushes the "S" button so you can see "news" now. :)

Let's start talking about your approach to watching film in english with an english subtitles. It is good manner to learn English? Or maybe better watch english films without any subtitles? What do you think about that?

yeah ... watching movies with english subtitles is one from very big group of english lessons :) .. but this isn't most better ... personally I prefer english TV Channels, maybe CNN, BBC or something like this ...and .. everytime we have private english lessons, doestn't it ?? ...

Well, watchig english TV channels is a good idea, I watched Cartoon Network in English, so I had contact with this language since childhood. But nothing can substitute contacts with English-speaking people. I've never been abroad, so my tongue isn's very good, i can't sometimes find good word for some issues or things.

my tongue isn's very good

Such a nice and 'nasty' mistake :D

And if talking about watching movies in English... IMO it's good to start with subtitles but in a few months time U should try to watch without them. And one more thing: you should never try to understand ALL you hear. There's nothing worse than thinking about one word while the movie's going on.. Greetingz ;)

yeah ... watching movies with english subtitles is one from very big group of english lessons :) .. but this isn't most better ... personally I prefer english TV Channels, maybe CNN, BBC or something like this ...and .. everytime we have private english lessons, doestn't it ?? ...

You don't understand me, young man ;). If I will want to learn English in School of English or something like that I will do this. Now, I want to learn English without any native speakers, especially using only books, movies, Internet and... myself brain :). I know that I can do this, so please, don't tell me about private english lessons, OK? :)

And beltus, "IMO" is "In my opinion". You can also write: "IMHO". That is another shortcut: "In my humble* opinion"

humble=modest

eh .. I have one question ... What's IMO?? everyone write in their posts IMO ... i don't understeand this shortcut ... plese help me my friends :P

pzdr

IMO it's a short version of english expression "In my opinion" :). There's even more "official" version which is IMHO = In my humble opinion :).

Movies? Yes, yes and one more time yes. I love watching movies in their original languages because it's a regular practice. But watch out for movies such as "Snatch". Why? When yu'll try to listen to how Turkish spells you'll understand :).

beltus this is Only English so IMO pzdr is not apropriate ;)

tongue >> some ppl eat tongues. offcoz not their own but some poor animal. IMO DISGUSTING ;)

Movies >> w/o subtitles. Those nasty little letters distract me and I cannot focus at movie. So original movie or (if i get nothing) Polish subs.

:lol: When I begun to write this one beltus post was last one :lol:

are you blind ?? I write about watching information channels, like CNN, BBC ... how old are you? do u have travel to G.B, or America in your future planes ?? If you have, well ... congratulations ... there are any compares to conversations with english or american language speaking peoples face to face ...

I wrote, that I started my experience with English from CN :) Now I watch CNN because I don't have BBC :) No, I don't plan travellin abrod in nearly future. :)

It's correct to use "tongue" as substitute of "language". I didn't check context of my clause :) (tak chyba jest zdanie w sensie napisane?)

Mowies? I like films without subtitles. I understand English almost as good as Polish :D

jezu ale jestm lajza nie potrafie zdania po angielsku napisac :D
True.

Know - knew - known, as you can see there is no knewed.

Ehh beltus this sentence is still wrong. You cannot say "you don't knew that" at all. "You didn't know that" is correct past negation form, but the sentence is still bad. You should make a conditional here, 2nd one. So it should be:

If didn't know that, I would blah blah (present simple). Gdybys tego nie wiedzial, to blah blah.

I've been learn'ing English for 9 years. Two years with private teacher, from basics up to pre-intermidate, 6 years in private school (8 ppl in group) up to advance (CAE coursebook from Oxford at end), one year at highschool B1 Telc's level. Last period didn't make any good to me.

Know - knew - known, as you can see there is no knewed.

This word "knewed" is kinda funny, you know. Try sayin it loud, it sounds just like "nude" :D

I've been learn'ing English for 9 years. Two years with private teacher, from basics up to pre-intermidate, 6 years in private school (8 ppl in group) up to advance (CAE coursebook from Oxford at end), one year at highschool B1 Telc's level. Last period didn't make any good to me.

Mormegil, same here, man. Just exactly the same story, but I think that in secondary school you can learn somethin more. You know, like conversation with a friend of yours. It is also helpful and definitely not useless. It is a good practice of spoken English for you. I don't take my English lessons in school seriously, I don't listen to the teacher when she's sayin something about grammar, something which I knew for a long time, but I'm trying to talk to people in my group. I have even found myself as a teacher to them :D It is very funny when they're coming to me just before the lesson when we've got test or something and asking everything they've got in their minds and checking whether it is correct or not :D

As for meeting native speakers, if you cannot go to UK or USA, you can at least visit an English speaking forum ;)

And for the topic of grammar - you don't need to be grammatically over-correct when you're talking to a friend, but don't even dare to write for example a formal letter in everyday English :)

Mormegil, same here, man. Just exactly the same story, but I think that in secondary school you can learn somethin more. You know, like conversation with a friend of yours. It is also helpful and definitely not useless.
Well, to be 100 percent true, I should say that my secondary school is private one and i didn't take any additional course during this time. But as I said before 8 ppl in group, so this was like very good private language school. Everything I know about English I have learnt there ;)

Native speakers >> I love to listen to them. I have one in SJO (Foregin Language Study) at my Tech. University. I hoped I could take one semmester with him. Unfourtunetly he has his lectorates during my lessons :( When I got to know about it, I was so smashed that i decided to learn Deutsch. Ja ja, Ich lerne Deutsch, kein English. Grrr.

I've been watching Eurosport in English for a long time and I think it's good way to practice your English - especially not broadcasts of sports competition but programmes ABOUT sport like "Road to Torino" (or sth like that, I don't remember).

I am not good at English, so please do not laugh of me...

I've learned English for about ten years, unfortunately I was starting from basic level on each of three stages of my education... And now I will have language from third semester of my studies :( I affraid, that I'll loose contact with English, so I've decided to write something in this topic :) If I'm doing any mistakes please, correct me :D

Hi Mates

Best way 2 learn is speaking, speaking and more speaking:) Neither reading nor watching will give u as much as normal conversations with british or US people. On the other hand u can punch TV watch some cnn :wink: or start some serious course and u learn a lot but it never will b the same. The key to real knowledge is a place where u cannot speak polish couse obviously there is noone to understand :)

Small example. When I've been served in a huge brit bank

( big pb to sort ) I realised that any well passed eng exam never gave me so much satisfaction. This is the way :P

I have learned english in the language school because in public school english lessons have elementary level and i don't learn nothing new. I think the one of the best method to learn english is play computer games without polonizations (i don't know, but i think i use the corret word), especialy adventure games are good exercises.

hej guys

what is the porpose of this toppic???

anyway, I speak English, Polish, Greek, and im trying to learn some Jappanese

anone interested in helping me in learning Jappanese :) (nah i don't need your help for now)

anyway i love to write in english, and im doing it better than in polish ROTFL

ok cya all nex time :P

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...