Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

I’m so excited – it’s my firs post in this topic. I learn English many years, and I speak quite good, but not perfect so please be tolerant. I’m writing this in a break in learning “Deutsch”. I relay hate this language – I go to secondary school and I am in an English class. But I have 4 English lessons in a week and 3 German! I’m going mad, and the worst thing is that I’m starting to make mistakes such as “englisch”…Only to survive this school year – next year I’ll have 2 German lessons…

Heh, I have three English lessons and two German. German language isn't bad. Generally I'm good in these languages. But... My "write" and "speak" English is very good, but my "hear" English is bad. I learn English yet... :roll:

PS This topic is a good idea. This is a good exercise for this language. :wink:

German isn’t bad, but it also depends a lot on the teacher…and on the “motivation to learn”. I went to an English profile to learn Enhlish not German, and it really hurts. I’ll explain. I ought to have 5 English and 2 German lessons a week, but because of a mistake (somebody who prepared the plan) I have 4 English and 3 German lessons. And instead of English I have to learn German all the time, because after gymnasium I know how to say my name, where I live and what I like to do… To survive with a positive grade I learn German almost all the time!

Bu there are also some bright sides: I will know German pretty well, and finaly I'll be glad that it was like it is...But the pain is mine :/

I know what you mean. I know a little bit of German (how to say my name and where I come from and that's all ) and that's why I haven't chosen German for my second language. I've had a choice : learn German whichc I don't know, learn Russian which I hate, learn French which I don't understand completely or learn Italian which I like :D The choice was obvious :D

You have German lessons... I have Russian =P I really hate this language. All the people says that it's nice and easy to learn. Maybe it's easy... but. I don't know. I just can't stand it :P Moreover - we have terrible teacher. She treats us like 5 year old kids. And we (each of us) must repeat 5 times every word that we just learn.

Meh... I picked up the smallest bit of Spanish and German on my way through our glorious education system, but not enough to hold a conversation. Not in the least.

These days I prefer to practice my accents. I think I do a pretty convincing Russian accent, as well as a decent British accent.

I'm referring to speaking English with a specific accent, that is.

Mostly for the fun of it, if you're wondering.

I learn english and german. Well, I think german isn't so bad It has got marvellous word-making possibilities (much better than polish and english together)

If you say so. But remember: more posibilties means more dilemmas :D Or, as Murphy says, "One solution is key to thousand more problems"

Yeach, 'konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka' or 'antidisestablishmentarianism' are no match to 'Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterbeutelrattenlattengitterkofferattentäter', for example

Whew. man that's whack! I know Konstantyno..... and this antiestabilish thing but that German word. I looked at it and said "Wow that's whack". Than I looked again and repeated. And I didn't understand a thing :D

Sure German word formation is kinda' strange and bizzare to me and I think not only to me :D

PS. That's "Konstantynopolitańczykiewiczówneczka". I think it's longer and perfectly correct. She's daughter of 'konstantynopolitańczykowianeczka' :D

'Hottentottenstottertrottelmutterbeutelrattenlattengitterkofferattentäter' means something like 'Killer of an Hottentotten (it's a name of an African tribe) mutter of a stuttering stupid, caught in a cage for marsupials, made of 'plecionka' :P (from Wikipedia :D)

But this word (130 letters long Swedish word) just kicks ass:

Nordöstersiökustartilleriflygspaningssimulatoranlägeningsmaterielunderhallsup

ptoljningssystemdiskussioninläggförberedelsearbeten

:twisted: 8)

Just look at this Wikipedia page, there are also other crazy words there ;)

And what about this:

LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWLLLLANTYSILIOGOGOGOCH :D

It is the longest domain name and the longest country name in the world (or so it was until the Tetaumatawhakatangihangakoauaotamateaurehaeaturipukapihimaungahoronukupokaiwhenu

aakitanarahu appeared on the internet as a domain :D) It is situated in Anglesey,Gwynedd (Great Britain) :D And now imagine you want to enter thier site for the first time :D Wish you luck. And it means somethin' like "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave".

But both of them are nottin' compare to this :

Krungthepmahanakornamornratanakosinmahintarayutthayamahadilokphopnopparatrajatha

niburiromudomrajaniwesmahasatharn

amornphimarnavatarnsathitsakkattiyavisanukamprasit

It's the name of the city in Thailand :D

Enough with places :D This is a name of lung disease :

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis :D

Isn't it quite silly to name all those places and things?? What they tryin' to prove?? OR maybe they just want to appear in Guiness World Record book for a while until the next crazy name will be discovered :D

Is it only me, or is something really buggered up with this topic? Can't access the last page - it claims there are no posts there (not that it's not a common problem with phpBB, been there done that :D).

You have gave an answer to your own question. Yeah - it's a bug.

Every page of this forum is designed to manage 25 posts, after that a new page is being created.

Sometimes an error occurs and the next page is being created before the posts limit is reached.

We now have 19 posts on page 45, and we already can see the 46th. It's empty - that's kind of obvious...

Happens very often in this topic though.

You have gave an answer to your own question. Yeah - it's a bug.

Every page of this forum is designed to manage 25 posts, after that a new page is being created.

Sometimes an error occurs and the next page is being created before the posts limit is reached.

We now have 19 posts on page 45, and we already can see the 46th. It's empty - that's kind of obvious...

Yeah it sometimes happens because of some people editing or cancelling thier posts. So when someone edits a post the programm counts it as new post and if someone deletes the post programm don't cancel them in the last analisys.

My first post here ^^ . Im still (or just) learning, so sorry for my languages mistakes. My friend asked me how to distinguish(?) Past Simple and Past Continuous, if

we dont know time of activity. Could you describe me that because i wasnt be able to explain it him.

My friend asked me how to distinguish(?) Past Simple and Past Continuous, if

we dont know time of activity. Could you describe me that because i wasnt be able to explain it him.

Hmmm.... that's a nice question. IF we don't know time of the activity we just distinguish them by ing in Past Continuous :D Past Simple referes to situations which had place in the past and the exact time is given and contiunous form is used to refer to some activities that had place in the past for a long period of time. I think that is correct.

Past Simple referes to situations which had place in the past and the exact time is given and contiunous form is used to refer to some activities that had place in the past for a long period of time. I think that is correct.

How would you know then whats the time in exercise like this:

I (cook) a dinner (choose correct form in Past Simple or Past Continuous)

-I was cooking a dinner OR

-I cooked a dinner?

8)

Says nothing about period of time... :)

Past Simple refers to situations which had place in the past and the exact time is given and continuous form is used to refer to some activities that had place in the past for a long period of time. I think that is correct.

No way! Past Continuous is used to (among other uses) describe past activities that were in the act of being done in a certain time in past. There's nothing about how long the activity was being done. For example:

Yesterday at six I was cooking dinner.

or:

I was cooking dinner when the guest came. (to be exact that's another use of P. Cont, but it's similar to the first one ;))

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...