Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

Gość Qn`ik

Only English :)

Polecane posty

Gość huntereagle
Hi.Anybody know some english difficult sentences like Polish "W Szczebrzeszynie .....".?I heared some of those sentences in radio ,and I think it is cool.

Yup here's my personal favorite,

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck

if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

and if that's not enough, here's the answer to the question,

He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,

and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would

if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

I tried to get through "Lord of the Flies", but it was such a boring book

That's exactly what I heard from some of my friends, and guess what, I'll have to read that book my sophmore year (I'm a freshman now)

I have read "Bill Gates and his fiscal empire",I think It is good book,but It isnt very easy to understand it.I think reading english book is good to improvement writing in this language.

How about watching movies in english without using subtitles.
I like watch those movies,but IMHO the best are comedies.Some polish translation isnt good.

I have read "Bill Gates and his fiscal empire",I think It is good book,but It isnt very easy to understand it.I think reading english book is good to improvement writing in this language.
How about watching movies in english without using subtitles.
I like watch those movies,but IMHO the best are comedies.Some polish translation isnt good.

I think one of better way to lern English is watch many film and read many books in this language. But I`m to lazy to do this :wink: . I sometimes watch film with polish inscriptions (when there are from Kazza or something like this :wink: ).

Yeah! I have a little problems with login our 4um.

I read only two books in English ;/ "Sherlock Holmes" and "Robinson Cruzoe" [all of this have around of a 100 pages^^"]. In my opinion this is a very interested books. Someone know, where i may find a popular book in English? [like Sherlock or Robinson]

(...) Someone know, where i may find a popular book in English? [like Sherlock or Robinson]

Try in Empik and www.merlin.com.pl

ama, rad - you're genius ! ^^

And Sol, he also wanted to create topic like this! So you should add him to this little list.

(...) I have one question to all of you, who're 'before matura'. whitch level will you write ? i mean normal or expended ?

I'm going to take this higher level, but I'm aware that I have to learn more. But well.. there is only one chance so why not take it :)

To begin learnING it or to begin TO learn it...

(...)

I believe "swear" is the word you want to use. "Curse" is something one of the Popes did to one of German emperors

Ha! Now I know why you said this yesterday :) I think it's great that you want to help others- thanx :-*

May the force be with you

...my hobbits 'cause Matrix is everywhere :)

Ha! Now I know why you said this yesterday :) I think it's great that you want to help others- thanx :-*

Well, if anybody feels uncomfortable with me correcting mistakes - just let me know. Believe it or not, but I really have good intensions and showing off is NOT my goal. Besides, I'm not going to correct anything unless I'm 100% sure.

Cardi - Catcher in the Rye is not so tragic... In fact, I liked the plot. But there are hundreds of books better in terms of English, so look for something else, perhaps :)

And one more thing (this reminds me of liutenant Colombo...) - I have just began to read Orwell's 1984. You may be expecting a preview soon ;)

Gość Radyan

huntereagle - it wasn't very difficult, but what does it mean "woodchuck"?

And one more thing (this reminds me of liutenant Colombo...) - I have just began to read Orwell's 1984. You may be expecting a preview soon

Hmmm.... I'm very impressed. Really. I have read this book recently (in Polish, of course) and I can say, that I had problems with understending everything. If I had to read it in English I would surely give it up after 10 pages...

When I read a book in English I must explain every word which meaning I don't understand, so it looks like this: I read three words - I look to the dictionary - I read another three words - I look to a dictionary once more - I read the whole sentence - I think for few seconds to get the sense, and finally I begin to read the next one. After four or five pages I'm so exhausted that I must have a brake. As you see - I must have a lot of free time, tranquility and my brother can't use the computer in my room then ;)

Films - firstly, I watch them normally, but if the film was good, I watch it again without subtitles. Some lines I understand (like "Hello!", "What's up?" ;)) some don't, but it surely helps me to learn something.

Gość słoma212

I sometimes, but only sometimes watch films in English. Last film in English I have seen was "Bruce Allmighty", because I'm too lazy to install RealPlayer (Windows Media and PowerDVD don't use subtitles). I understood Everything 8)

I have a problems with understanding english word/sentences, when person talk. Probably I must accustom to accent. In text, I haven't no problem with "cath" sense, even if I don't understand one or all of the words :)

Ama>>>thx, but i forgot to write, that I'm want to this...eeee... book's [?] in the internet, in "txt" or "doc" files.

[My English is very good or no one correct me :lol: ]

huntereagle - it wasn't very difficult, but what does it mean "woodchuck"?

Haven't you played "Secret of Monkey Island"? :) Woodchuck is this looney bird that knocks on trees to find some worms or other bugs...

]
And one more thing (this reminds me of liutenant Colombo...) - I have just began to read Orwell's 1984. You may be expecting a preview soon

Hmmm.... I'm very impressed. Really. I have read this book recently (in Polish, of course) and I can say, that I had problems with understending everything. If I had to read it in English I would surely give it up after 10 pages...

Let's get something straight - you possibly WILL be impressed, when (if :D) I finish the book. Everyone could begin reading it, so as forn now it ain't a success at all...

When I read a book in English I must explain every word which meaning I don't understand, so it looks like this: I read three words - I look to the dictionary - I read another three words - I look to a dictionary once more - I read the whole sentence - I think for few seconds to get the sense, and finally I begin to read the next one. After four or five pages I'm so exhausted that I must have a brake. As you see - I must have a lot of free time, tranquility and my brother can't use the computer in my room then ;)

Ouch... That must be irritating. And utterly discouraging. Unless you remember the vocabulary you looked up, reading in that way provides no benefit, neither for your English skills, nor your mood.

Films - firstly, I watch them normally, but if the film was good, I watch it again without subtitles. Some lines I understand (like "Hello!", "What's up?" ;)) some don't, but it surely helps me to learn something.

What does "normally" mean? It's mental, you know, because for me "normally" means with Polish, or evn English subtitles ;)

Gość huntereagle
Yeah! I have a little problems with login our 4um.

I read only two books in English ;/ "Sherlock Holmes" and "Robinson Cruzoe" [all of this have around of a 100 pages^^"]. In my opinion this is a very interested books. Someone know, where i may find a popular book in English? [like Sherlock or Robinson]

I'd reccomend you Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Novels and Stories. In U.S. it came out in two parts, about 1000 pages each. I don't really know where you could get it because I don't live in Poland, but you should look for it. I read most of the first part, and I'm liking it.

Idea! Let' make a second Forum Actionum... but english- only Heh.
Guess it's a best way to start major exodus... I like it ;]

Ok, maybe now I'll drop a line about my bookreading style. I usually try to read everything without using dictionary, just trying to understand the general meaning of sentences. When I come across the word or phrase I don't recognize, I just make a tick on the edge. After finishing the book I just look up these words in the dictionary.

It's a quite good method unless you don't understand half a book ;]

Duh, I gotta search new english language books. I'd love to find "Paragraph 22" in original version, but no luck yet.

A second forum actionum? I don't think this is a good idea. Less than the half understands english. They would find it worthless.

And so what? Do you know any topic, which is visited by more than a half of users?? In fact - discussion here is quite alive.

Gość Radyan
Haven't you played "Secret of Monkey Island"? :) Woodchuck is this looney bird that knocks on trees to find some worms or other bugs...

I always thought that this bird is "woodpecker"... Now I know that it has other name ;)

Let's get something straight - you possibly WILL be impressed, when (if :D) I finish the book. Everyone could begin reading it, so as forn now it ain't a success at all...

You worte, that we can expect preview, so... I supposed you will read it for sure..

What does "normally" mean? It's mental, you know, because for me "normally" means with Polish, or even English subtitles ;)

For me it means an English film with Polish subs. ;)

Aj dont ryli spik inglisz bikos aj hef onli thirtin jers old bat aj hef inglisz in skul... This topic is for intelligent pipul bat aj do nich nie należę... Lajf is brutal... :P Aj mast lern inglisz wery macz... :D

If you don't know what to write, don't write anything. One more post like that, and it ends in "Warnings" - Rad.

You're lucky one! You should thank God that Rad sow your post before me...- Ama

A second forum actionum? I don't think this is a good idea. Less than the half understands english. They would find it worthless.
And why is that? If CDA's online page could be released in Al-Jazeera & Track-Suit version, so why not in english? :wink:
I think it is easy to offtopic here and I don't want to get a BANana:D
Explain it to me... How's it possible to make an offtopic here, while everyone are talking about everything and nothing in the same time? ;]

Gość MiszczJan
I think it is easy to offtopic here and I don't want to get a BANana:D

>>>Explain it to me... How's it possible to make an offtopic here, while everyone are talking about everything and nothing in the same time? ;]

Maybe it would be an offtopic, if you wrote something in Polish or Spanish, or, oh, it doesn't matter...

I haven't wrote anything in this forum since december, but this topic is so interesting for me- I'm learning English. (my sister teaches me - she translates books- thank you, Joanne!). I decided to write here.

Can U tell me: is it English or American: I'm lovin' it (instead I'm loving it). And is it correct? Can U explain me that?

Sorry for mistakes.

<The Antipaladin scratches himself behind the ear, wondering how is it possible to make an offtopic here...>

I said that an english forum actionum isn't a good idea but this topic is great! You can tell something about someone whom do you not like without beeing noticed by him (of course, it makes sense only if he doesn't know english):) I'm joking of course, I don,t wan't to get a BANana...

In my opinion only english forum is a good idea. I think many users want to speak in this language. IMO in this "only english" forum there won't be many topic. I think a few topics like Film, Music, Games are enough.

Gość huntereagle
Can U tell me: is it english or American: I'm lovin' it (instead I'm loving it). And is it correct? Can U explain me that?

Sorry for mistakes.

First of all there's only English and there is no such language as American. It's just a little division of English. RE: I'm lovin' it. Did you watch McDonald's commercials for too long? :wink: Whenever you'll see a shortened word that has an apostrophe after or before it, it's just slang. Like 'cause, it's simply "because" but slang. It's not the correct way of writing it.

Gość MiszczJan

Can U tell me: is it english or American: I'm lovin' it (instead I'm loving it). And is it correct? Can U explain me that?

Sorry for mistakes.

First of all there's only English and there is no such language as American. It's just a little division of English.

>>>I know.

RE: I'm lovin' it. Did you watch McDonald's commercials for too long? :wink:

>>>Maybe I did- howewer I hate McDonalds (food is so untasty!) Do you have similar McD. commercials in USA?

Whenever you'll see a shortened word that has an apostrophe after or before it, it's just slang. Like 'cause, it's simply "because" but slang. It's not the correct way of writing it.

>>>Thanks. But 'cause' was even in many songs, so you can't say, that it is 'not the correct way of writing'. For example my favourite film song (from Armageddon - starring Liv Tyler :-)

"Cause I miss you baybe

And I don't want to miss a thing".

Cheers!

Boom! Here I come outta nowhere. And to be specific this nowhere is a internet cafe in Poznań :wink: Gotta dissapoint you - ain't got enough time to correct your mistakes. But as I can see ur doing pretty well on you own so I can sleep easily :)

When I come back I will try to do as best as as I can though. Right now I got quite a lot of work to do. "Gulliver's Travels ang Vanity Fair as satire" - fun, fun, fun and an essay :)

And bout the slang and American stuff :wink: Lovin' is just an abbreviated way of writting - more of a phonetic way :wink: Because the "g" in the word is not really pronounced. But I won't bore you with phonetics coz I got enough of it :) Though I must admit it's quite fun to speak RP :P

May the lemur be with you. C u in some time :)

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...