Skocz do zawartości

Zarchiwizowany

Ten temat jest archiwizowany i nie można dodawać nowych odpowiedzi.

P_aul

Raven Chronicles RPG

Polecane posty

What? A rune? What can that mean? Was everything that happened unreal? And that rune - I hope it isn't a trap...

<Alterr slowly gets up from the bed, and tries to open the door>

Or better not. It might be a trap. I think It will be better to try to connect my mind with Kariga.

"Kariga? Are you there? Where are we?..."

But then I stop. How can I know, that Kariga was real? Maybe all of this was only a dream? And what with the others?

I don't now what to do...

Alterr

While you stand confused before the door, it suddenly slams you in your face! Not a case of possessed door, however, as someone's head - a young one - pops into the room from behind the door. When that person notices you, a glint of surprise flashes on their face and it quickly withdraws, shutting the door behind. You hear running footsteps... A short time later you hear footsteps again. Two people nearing your door and then, knocking.

Shadow

Time: yesterday late evening

You were wandering the city streets. It was pretty dark already and this is why something caught your attention: a group of seven robed people, gathering together in a relatively remote place. After a short while though, they all go in their own direction each. You follow one of them as he walks through the empty and dark streets and as you do so, you notice that he's holding something.

Eventually though, he turns his head back by chance and sees you. He starts to walk faster, casting nervous gazes to see if you're still on to him. Somewhere in the temple district he finally snaps, pauses by a wall for a second and begins to run. Now you think it could be worthwhile to find who he is and what he's up to...

---

by chance - przypadkowo, losowo

finally snaps - tu: traci nerwy

((Nie, żaden limit czasowy się nie skończył, nikogo nie pominięto. Don't worry!))

The time was moving slowsly as I was wandering around the city streets. The night was starting to get young and I thought that nothing interesting will happen. A really huge mistake. I saw a few robed people and they were looking kind of suspicious so I went after one of them. He saw me in one moment and instantly get nervous. That was trange - he didn't know me so that give to think about that.

This is really strange... I have nothing better to do so I'll check it out...

Robed person start running so do I. I shouted after him with my typical kind of speech - with no emotions. Darkness for now was sleeping and I hoped that will continue due my pursuit.

- My friend! - I shouted after that person - Why are you running?

I continue chasing after him, but I was aware. Its possible that he'll try to ambush and kill me. Better to be prepared.

Aaaah? At last. This is end. End of this dream? No. Was it a dream? Did my body have these traces earlier? Wait, wait? An answer is no? Conclusion: these events can?t be a dream. So, where are Alterr, Danath and company? Hm? Whatever. Maybe I will meet them in the future. When? We shall see.

But now I have to do something different. Namely, this small rune. What is it? Haven?t I see it earlier? In my opinion, this is very interesting. I think who could leave this rune? But it seems like something what is done hastily. Now, I have one solution for this problem: academy?s library.

I am taking something to write - hm, fountain pen will be good ? an ink, a piece of scroll and, obviously, this small rune. Next, I am leaving my home a quite quickly and looking whether who is observing me. Later, I am going to academy where I teach? Wait. I forgot that the people still don?t accept me because the appearance. These are not Alterr, Danath and company. Hm? When I think about it, I reach to conclusion that maybe they really were only my imagination. But I will be not sure till I will see it. But back to the event? I am casting the ?Illusion? spell on myself. When it is successful, I?m going to academy. Now, I shouldn?t have any problem?

At last, I reach to my academy. I am entering to it. By the way, I?m avoiding contact with moving students ? however, when they call to me ?good morning?, I answer them by the same. But my goal? is successful.

I?m entering to library and approaching to one of books? shelves. But think? Books are expensive products which authors write in a lot of time and not very often. Well, if I want to borrow one, I will be must pay a lot of money. My salary is not very high. In other words, I did very well that I took a piece of scroll and something to write. Because it, I am glad? But back to the event. I am looking on books? shelves, especially on ?Magic? section. If I think that I chose enough books, I will sit down on a chair in this library. Then, I am unfolding a piece of scroll on the table and opening an each book which I took. I?m searching an information about runes ? by the way, I am trying to find about something like this rune which I have. Next, I am rewriting a more important information about runes to piece of scroll.

I hope that I will find what I search?

What the hell?! I've just got smashed by my own doors, in my own house, and even more, someone has written rune on them! Someone knocked to my doors... I wonder why he couldn't do that so gently earlier. Nevermind. Perhaps this people know answers to my questions.

I open a door.

- So, Gentleman, how can I serve you?

- You will come with us.

- What?! What do you want from me? Where do you want to take me? WaiT!

One of them punched my face, and then tried to hit me with his mace. It appeared that they weren't interested in conversation with me.

That was enough. Deamons, runes, smashing doors. It's about time to finally do something. And this "something" right now means: to kick these strangers' ass.

First I've casted stunning spell. Then I casted FEW magic bolts. How many? I don't know. I know that I couldn't see anything for a moment because of light made by my bolts. Unfortunatelly for my foes, I was well rested, so I could cast much more spells then it was necessary for the moment.

Few minutes later all of them were dead. It's time for some necromancy - I'm trying to summon soul of one of this guys.

Now, we will talk for a while. Who has sent you? What did you wanted from me?

Alterr

Your soul summoning ritual proved successful, of course. The spectre was of the group's commander. He kept moaning for a while on how he was dead now and there's no hope for him and so on, but eventually your spell forced him to answer your questions.

- We... we were sent by the city council... In order to find all the victims of last night... We weren't expecting anyone alive... We wanted you to relate this night's event to the council... You murderer... Killing people who knock on your door...

With these words he faded away. How is the city council involved in this affair is a good question indeed. Among the dead's possessions you notice a curious device, a magic detector of some sort looking like a mirror. Examining it, you find a way to activate it. On the mirror's surface several lights begin to flash. One of them seems to represent the rune of your door, the others... You can guess.

The day is still young and you have plenty of time now to do as you please.

Shadow (yesterday)

Your running man doesn't stop on your call. Instead, he shrieks and tries to run faster, since he is exhausted, however, he soon trips and falls, unable to get up again. You promptly close on him.

He looks more like a thug than a cult member, but you're not completely sure about that.

Kariga

After two hours of research you find some most interesting information. The rune in your possession is called "nkge". It has no real power of itself, instead serves as a magic beacon and receptor; working in conjunction with another type of rune, the "zhan" sender rune, one can cast spell that will have effect in a distant location. In layman's terms, fireballs go in zhan, fireballs leave nkge.

You also find a ritual that would allow to locate an active zhan rune with the help of your nkge. It seems moderately difficult and requires the following ingredients:

- 2 dashes of honey

- a pinch of soot

- a copper coin

After performing the ritual, the nkge would reform into a small arrow always pointing towards its zhan.

---

to moan - jęczeć

promptly - without hesitation

to close on sth. - to come near to sth.

beacon - location marker

in layman's terms - in simple words

a dash - a cooking unit equal to 0,125 of a teaspoon

a pinch - szczypta

soot - sadza

Finally... I thought.

Running man has tripped and fall down. He didn't stand up and I slowly come towards him. Even thought the situation seems to be under my control I don't loose my suspiction and be aware about what is going on around me. I wanted to see his face so I started to flank him by right side to get in front of that thief / cult member.

- Now - I said with my normal voice, but night is a time when Darkness feel most great. - My friend. Could you answear me why are you started to run when you saw me? You don't know me so why you are so sucpicious? Hmm? Where are you other friends?

Talking to him I put my right hand on handgrip on my sword. Just in case.

<Sorry that you had to wait too much time for my post, but you know, I said that I have got a little time for playing in RPG sessions. ^_^' But never mind, at last post is here - enjoy. ;]>

?Mhm? I see? Good. Very good. Research completed. I know now what this rune means. >>Nkge<<? Very interesting topic for me, to be honest. And now? What??.

I am looking into my hands. It turn out that two hours passed. My ?Illusion? spell slowly stops working. Then I am taking all my belongings and quitting from library, evading people who might look to me. Of course, I am trying meanwhile to hold still my spell.

?Phew? Just in time?? ? it comes to my head when I am in my home and I?m returning to Draconian form. Later, I am putting precisely all of my items on the table in one of rooms and sitting on chair.

?Hm? Well? Let?s see the ingredients? Two dashes of honey, a pinch of soot and a copper coin? Yes, I read it good? All right. I have already one of this all: a copper coin. I still have got some savings from my pay. Thus, two ingredients remaining? And I know where I can take a soot from. From where? The answer is simple: from hearth in my flat. Even I used it short time ago ? it should be still fresh?.

Brilliant. I have got some soot in a little box ? a pinch should be enough. Now, one ingredient remaining? Two dashes of honey? Where I take honey from? The answer for this question is simple, too. Even more than simple: I have got two solutions. But I will apply one of these.

Raven Market. And typical atmosphere for this. There is loudly, tightly and unpleasantly. But I want to fulfil my target? In any case, there is good, because ?Illusion? spell is again working. But where is stand with forest groceries? Yes, I see it. And now? Damn, there is really tightly. A bit, a bit yet? Excellent. I am here. There is stand which I tried to reach. In this place is a lot of groceries which he collected in a forest. And ?he? is the tall, a bit obese man with almost bald head, dark eyes and typical enough clothes like in a village. I am approaching closer his stand.

- What do you want? ? he ask me a bit like boor.

- Too sharply, my friend ? I say and answer right away: - Can I buy some honey?

- How much? ? he ask. I am looking into jars filled the honey.

- This one, please ? I say, pointing at one of smaller jars.

- Ten copper ? he answer.

- Thank you, here you are ? I end, paying to salesman ten copper and taking ordered jar of honey. ? Till next time.

?At last in home. I have got now all ingredients which were enumerated. I can perform ritual in this moment. But at the first, let?s see what I need to do??.

I am gathering one copper coin, the small box with soot, jar of honey and little artificial spoon or something like that. After it I am reading again what I need to do. When I know all what I should, I am beginning to perform a ritual. I?m trying to do all activities what are written about it in piece of scroll.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

English-Polish dictionary

savings ? oszczędności

groceries ? artykuły spożywcze (forest groceries ? leśne artykuły spożywcze)

obese ? otyły (?fat? would sound too crude :P)

enumerated ? wymienione (wyliczone)

He called me a murderer.

Damn. Now I'm completely aware about what I've just done.

But from the other hand... they attacked me. All these mysterious cults, hellhounds, runes on the doors... I couldn't have done anything else. Passive waiting without reaction on their attack could have ended for me tragically. I don't know who I can trust now.

I think I've made right decision. They didn't gave me any choice.

Hmmm.... the soul also mentioned that city council wants to speak with me. Perhaps I should go and speak with them... also explain the death of their "messengers"... but from the other hand - who sends vulgar thugs as a messengers? I think it will be better if I will go to some kind of tavern to ask local people about their council and what have recently happened around the city.

Alterr has left the place of his awakening to find some kind of tavern, where he can possibly find some answers.

Shadow

Your 'victim' suddenly calms down, not a hint of panic in his eyes and he seems resigned to his fate and perhaps even... relieved?

- I... I don't know where the others are now. I know they'll be back in the meeting place in a week, and we'll all get a...

He pauses for several seconds, a strange pained expression in his eyes, but eventually continues:

- I honestly didn't want to be involved in any of this! Please! It says... ...and I...

He starts to speak nonsense, as if his mind was going. It's up to you whether to question him further or to take him to some sort of authority.

Kariga

You follow the instructions to the letter. Although there is no immediate effect on the rune itself, the coin seems to melt... After several seconds, a glimmering copper fluid pours all over the rune, and it slowly transforms into an ornate arrow, four inches long. It seems to float in the air, rotating for a while and then stopping midair, pointing in one direction, tilted slightly downwards. According to your notes, you can simply pick it up and put it in a container - for example, a pocket - and to activate it again you just need to place it before you. You're very slightly exhausted from casting the spell but it's only very early afternoon, it would seem.

Alterr

You indeed find a tavern, "A Fox and a Porcupine", a relatively fair and harmless place as far as taverns go. You get in, get down, have a beer and ask around for recent rumours. What you find out is somewhat unsettling.

There are tales of nightmares and people dying in their sleep, even outright disappearing. However, most of it is "just" tales, of knowing someone who was friends with another guy who... Nothing really specific, however some mutter that there are things that shouldn't be told even in broad daylight. And you find out nothing on the council. You carefully inquire further, and you learn that the nightmares started around a month ago. Nobody is sure when people started to actually disappear.

---

Inicjatywa, misie! Nikt nie mówi że macie robić tylko to co zasugeruje MG, ani też nie musicie zaraz lecieć na spotkanie z ewentualnym BBEG /big bad evil guy/!

Słownik

- a hint of sth. - ślad

- to resign to fate - poddać się losowi

- (someone's) mind is going - traci zdrowe zmysły

- authority - osoba/organizacja zajmująca się danymi rzeczami (np. policja w wypadku kradzieży)

- ornate - zdobiony

- midair - w powietrzu

- in broad daylight - w świetle dnia

Damn, I won't get useful information from him. At least for now.

I started to walking around him thinking what to do now. After a while I thought that best option will be delivering this person to local city guard outpost. I don't know where it is either, but several guard patrol's should be on city streets. At least, it's their duty to proetect other. Possibly they might get someying useful from him. Or I can just asked him where this outpost is.

- Alright my friend - I stopped and looked at him still holding handgrip on my sword - Now, without any sudden moves stand up. Yo will go with me. Don't do anything stupid or I be forced to kill you.

After he done that I asked him.

- Where is local guard outpost? I'm taking you there. Show me the way. And don't do anything stupid.

Waiting for his move I was looking around in searching of something or somebody suspicious. Courage is great skill of warrior, but I rather prefer careful way of doing things.

?Phew? Brilliant? The spell is complete. Very good. But I am so exhausted after it? Furthermore, I have to do a few things? At the first place, I take a nap. I guess one hour is enough?.

After watching the effects of ritual, I am hiding arrow in pocket of my vestment and going to my bed. Of course, I am closing on key the doors of my home earlier. I?m going to go sleep? Calm and unstressed?

?Ahhh? I am well-rested. Very good?.

Short time after awake, I am waking up and eating something that give me more energy for rest of this day.

?Now it is better. Well, what I have to do? I want to go on quest on search of >>zhan<< rune. But what will be with Raven Academy where I teach? In other words, I must go there. Maybe anchcancellor of this institution will give me a permit for it???.

- It?s out of the question! ? says archcancellor of Raven Academy. He is a tall, thin enough man with black hair and moustache, brown eyes and decent clothes. My ?Illusion? spell casting on me is working - but archcancellor knows that I am a Gold Draconian. However, if somebody entered here, I wouldn?t want to have any problems in my real form.

- Why not? ? I ask. ? This is important quest for me.

- And what?ll be with academy, huh? Listen, Kariga: you are needed. Who will teach the philosophy when you go on your ?quest??

- I am sure that you find someone.

- I repeat, it?s out of the question!

Now I am thinking about something.

- What? ? asks archcancellor.

- Mr. archcancellor, I have an idea.

- Idea? What do you?

- Yes, idea ? I interrupt him. ? Please listen to me.

- So? What you want to do?

The class is loudly, as usual. Fortunately, nobody of them do something unwise. Suddenly, I am entering the lecture hall. The class is quiet right now. I am looking on them, seeing by the way my arms. Good, ?Illusion? spell which I casted again is working?

- Good afternoon ? I say.

- Good afternoon ? repeats class after me.

- At first, I will arouse your curiosity. I want to say that this is the last lecture where I teach - at least on some time. After it, I will go on leave. More exactly: on my personal quest. I am saying about it because I want to organize something. Namely: I will take one of you with myself. I will teach this person in area and he or she will know more about me. Who will be - I will decide in last minutes of lecture. Don?t worry, I have got permit for it. Well, who is eager?

Many of students rise up their hands.

- I thought so. I will see who will socialize in this lesson, so just try. I remind I will choose only one person.

Later I am chairing a lecture. Yes, this is a very good idea what I came up?

---------------------------------

permit ? zgoda, pozwolenie

something unwise ? coś niemądrego

arouse sb curiosity ? wzbudzić czyjąś ciekawość

eager ? chętny

socialize ? udzielać się (towarzysko)

Shadow

You do not find the guards. In Raven, the guards seem to find you. They take the man off your hands, and you somehow feel lucky, or at least relieved, that you weren't taken as well. Some time later, you just can't help but wonder. Were they really the guards? They sure didn't introduce themselves as such. In fact, they didn't say a word. On the other hand, they were definitely dressed as guards... The sun is about rise and you realize that you were up all night long.

Kariga

During your lectures, three pupils catch your attention. One's a human male named Rian, whose personality, as far as you can tell, can be best described as "easygoing"; he's a decent student, but far from the best. Another's Limalu, an elven girl in her early fifties, the best student in this class, though often a bit too smug about it. The third is a new one, a tightly robed figure. You read in your notebook that he - she? - is a human named Iru. He/she's been around for a month, actually, but you don't remember anything about him/her. Guess she/he really wants to go.

Alterr

You get quite drunk.

---

can't help but wonder ~ keep wondering ~ (zacząć) zastanawiać się

to be smug about sth. - być zarozumiałym z powodu...

robed - dressed in robes

Hep! I'll better stop before I get COMPLETELY drunk... I don't recognize myself. I've never drought so much before, I've ratherly used to don't drink at all. Perhaps that's because of all that adventures I had few days ago. Hmm... few days? Actually, I don't know how much time passed since my departure from home.

All these daemons, thugs, cults and weird people I've met around this circle - almost made me forgot my primary task. The reason, why I came to this city.

Master of Divination.

Very famous, and probably powerful diviner, who can help me in finding answers for questions, because of which I can't sleep calmly. And perhaps he can also tell me more about events in which I had to take part.

- Elthorn!

Elthorn is proprietor of this tavern. He runs this place. I've met him before, many years ago. I think I can trust him. He gave me delicious meal, and lots of first-sort wine for free. I wanted to speak with him earlier, but he said that I need to rest and relax first.

- Yes, Alterr?

- Have you heard anything about this famous diviner?

- Well, It would be hard to find anyone in this city, who haven't heard about him. We all owe him a lot. What do you want to know?

- Well, I want to know where he lives, how can I meet him, and what he might wish or his help? Oh, and what's his name, anyway?

- As far I remember, he lives in...

- Oh, until I remember. Tell me also something about city council. Anything interesting about them nowadays?

- You ask many questions. Some of them can't be answered in such public place. Let's go to my private chamber...

And so we did. I've followed him. We entered tavern's basement.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Divination - Poznanie, Wróżbiarstwo.

Thug - Opryszek, Zbir.

Diviner - wróżbita.

sleep calmly - spać spokojnie.

proprietor - właściciel

to owe someone a lot - wiele komuś zawdzięczać

((I'm sorry for my last posts. Sorry because of their substance, and periods of time between them. From now I'm gonna take this session more seriously, and I'll try not to fail you anymore ;) ))

If I met one of these guys in future they will definitely have problem with me...

I thought while entering the local inn almost at center of town. Maybe I had a Darkness power, but still my human body need to eat and mind - to sleep. The interior of the premises was looking quite nice and especially clean. It was morning so most of guests were sleeping or already gone to their houses. I took a seat next to bar and asked barman for one cold beer and small room for two days. Still, some money was left... Nothing suprisingly. I live day after day, same as always, travel from town to town, try to get some money and then buy food. Lately, I've been slowly being a little bit frustrated how the thing turned out, but... While sitting and slowly drinking I thought that is much better than situation when Darkness will loose control...

Remember, king and his horse can always change in place...

But for now I was wondering what to do in this city now. Oh, well... I could do same thing as always. Search for work. I asked an barman:

- Excuse me, but do you know some places or people who could offer me a work?

----------------

Dictionary:

interior of the premises - wnętrze lokalu

barman - ((nie mogłem znaleźć tłumaczenia słowa 'karczmarz'))

places - miejsca, tu w znaczeniu np. siedziba gildii

I am still chairing the lecture?

- All right, this is end of lesson ? I say at last. ? Now I choose student who will go with me.

?Good, but who would be a good companion? Let?s see? Rian like go an easy way but he is a decent student, so he might be not bad choice. Second, Limalu? This elven girl is smug, but I am not surprised ? she is the best student in this class. She might be a brilliant choice, probably? But what is with him or her?? Iru, right? I don?t know anything about this person. But I see he or she really wants to go because he or she often socializes in this lecture. Well, who will go with me? Who will be the best choice? Hm? Yes, I know now?.

- Well, I chose now. Student going with me is? Iru.

As I expected: class is very loudly and irritated now? mainly Limalu.

- Mr. professor, why I can?t go with you?! ? she shouts. ? I am the best student in the class, I gain the best scores here and I very want to go! Why not me?!

- You have right, you have the best scores and I know that you very want to go ? I answer calmly. ? But I propose you to become more modest about it until I take you with myself in the future.

Limalu is sitting offended on chair.

- In other words ? I continue ? now this lecture is ended. You all may leave a classroom. See you soon. Iru, stay here. I have got something to tell you.

When all leaves this place, Iru is coming slowly to me. I am interested how he or she looks?

- Good ? I say. ? Iru, we will go on quest tomorrow. Pack himself and take a rest, because it is not an easy trip. You know where I live?

Iru is nodding head.

- Oh, I did not expect it. But it is not important: come to place where is my flat tomorrow in the morning. Don?t you mind?

Iru is nodding head again.

- Very good. Well, goodbye, Iru.

I am leaving this classroom and, next, Raven Academy. The ?Illusion? spell is slowly faded?

I spend rest of this day on packing my belongings and gathering forces to my tomorrow quest ? at the night I look on arrow pointing at ?zhan? rune again and later I go to sleep. I am interested what tomorrow brings?

-----------------------------------

offended ? obrażony/-a

Don?t you mind? ? Nie masz nic przeciwko? <Nie jestem pewien, czy to odpowiedni zwrot?>

is faded ? tu: zanika

gathering forces ? odzyskiwanie sił

<Jeśli są błędy, tak w gramatyce, jak i w prowadzeniu akcji (tj. kierowaniu postaciami, kiedy to MG chciał to jakoś poprowadzić dalej), to się biję w pierś ? przy pierwszym odrobinę mi się śpieszy (stąd OoC piszę po polsku), a przy drugim chciałem już doprowadzić ten dzień do końca. ^_^? I do samego Rankina: dzięki zbiegowi okoliczności czas jednak znalazłem i, jak widzisz, odpisałem. :) Zresztą już w Karczmie napisałem, że być może uda mi się tu odpisać. ;]>

Shadow

The bartender doesn't reply immediately. Instead, he grumbles and points you to a notice post outside. You near the post and read the various - notices. Some are interesting, some puzzling, others plain bizarre:

"Attention any and all! Demon smuggling strictly prohibited by the order of RCC, act of 7th Greyleaf."

"Ratcatcher needed. Preferably heavily armed. For details, ask Joe the Chipp."

(Scribbled next to the above notice: "Runciter is dead, Joe.")

"Ol' James needs YOU to join the City Guard! Details at Headquarters."

"Girls! Cometh ye to Prowl's Nighthouse! Fun times guaranteed!"

"Professional swabbie required. Ask for captain Pigeon."

"All in possession of unique, powerful and world-saving artifacts are kindly reminded to use them BEFORE the city gets razed by horrors beyond. Kane."

"My wife needs a beatin, badly. She's a 'erewolf. Hel [different handwriting] Don't mind this notice. A."

"Blood giver needed. Count Vlad."

"Yer an adventurer? We've got this mugger problem on the outskirts. Thought ya might wanna know."

"HARD TO THE CORE TRAINING COURSE FOR HUMIE AND ELF PUSSIES. CULEXUS THE MINOTAUR."

"Gabriel was here, Shadow is a [illegible]"

[A shiver goes down your spine. You have no idea if the above was directed at you. Probably not.]

"Fair folk! Where might I find Key the paladin? Will be staying at Roasted Marmot Inn.", next to this one: "Key's no longer a pally, kiddo. Amritia."

"Able of body and mind, join us at wildlife control season. We'll be hunting the hunters before innocent people get hurt. For further details, inquire at Northern Gate"

"BUGMEN TAEK MOOS. TORR NEED HELP. TORR."

"Key: yer in trouble now."

As you read the notices, a white-haired woman approaches and crosses out the last line. She smiles and leaves.

You figure you can get people to guide you to most of the people mentioned on the list.

Alterr

While there wasn't any real reason to go all the way down to the basement, both of you think it was pretty cool. Elthorn does take a good care of his special chambers. You settle down and Elthorn begins to speak:

- From what I gather, the diviner is a real Norn. What are you staring at? I said she's a Norn, you know, the sister-weaver of fate threads? Mythical, rare, secretive? Nobody knows WHY she actually stays in Raven; she's been evasive about that. Not many people dare to go to her too, because if she considers the visitor to be unworthy, she foretells a soon death to such a person. Word on the streets has it, she's been dead-on accurate with that - he shrugs. - No pun intended. She resides in the temple district, namely in Benten's Sanctuary of Knowledge. About right place for one such as that, eh?

He falls silent for a short while, perhaps waiting for some commentary. You politely remind him that you also asked for information about the city's council.

- The council? A good bunch, them. More or less. You know, some have been around for many years.

He seems hesitant to speak for a short while. When he resumes, his voice is almost a whisper.

- There are rumours of friction between the new Paladin representative and other members. And if word on the street is to be trusted, she's the one to be blamed for that too. When she became the leader of Paladin guild, many old members have left - imagine that!...

He speaks normally again.

- But I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm just an average innkeeper in a decent city.

Kariga

You have a pleasant night sleep. The next morning you wake up refreshed, have a decent but not too exquisite breakfast, take all the items you've packed or prepared and cast Illusion. When you come out, Iru's already waiting. Dressed in grayish robes even tighter than before, you cannot see his or her face. If you hadn't read so, you would doubt if Iru's even a human. And you still can tell his/her gender. Humans are often odd, you conclude before turning to more dire matters. Iru greets you with a whisper:

- Good morning, master Kariga. I am fully prepared.

You take out the arrowshaped rune. It is pointing... to the north, maybe northwest, definitely into the forst.

(note: whereever should you go, there will be a person following you from a good distance)

---

"Opowieści biorące siebie na zbyt poważnie to opowieści kiepskie" - Rankin

bartender - ewentualnie innkeeper

to grumble - burczeć

*to* near - zbliżać się do czegoś

plain bizarre - po prostu dziwaczny

prohibited - zakazany

scribbled - napisany/naskrobany/naszkicowany

cometh ye - old english, fancy form of "przyjdźcie"

a swabbie - szorujący pokład. Tja.

razed - zburzony

yer - you are (bardzo potoczna, buracka forma)

ya = you (slangowe)

a mugger - osiłek (wymuszający haracz) Fun fact: to mug - wymuszać haracz; a mug = kubek bądź gęba

a pussy - kociak (ha! ha! ha!); potocznie - m. in. słabeusz, tchórz

illegible - nieczytelny

a kiddo - (potocznie) chłoptaś

able of X - posiadający sprawny/e X (używany wyłącznie z body bądź mind, ew. rzadko z częścią ciała)

to inquire - zapytać

to cross out - wykreślić

You figure you sth. - domyślasz się że sth.

from what I gather - z tego co wiem

evasive - unikający; to be evasive about sth. - unikać jakiegoś tematu (rozmów)

dead-on accurate - very accurate

pun - potoczna nazwa małego ssaka ze świniowatych. Zazwyczaj jednak po prostu kalambur, gra słów.

hesitant - wahający się

exquisite - wystawny

grayish - szarawy (-ish w połączeniu z przymiotnikami i przysłówkami odpowiada polskiemu "-awy")

arrowshaped - w kształcie strzały

-Thank you, Elthorn. Now I know exactly what should I do.

-You know, I owe you a lot. I will always do everything that lies within my power to help you.

-You've already done a lot for me. Now I owe you one. Now I'll go and speak to that Norn. Farewell, Elthorn...

"Not many people dare to go to her too, because if she considers the visitor to be unworthy, she foretells a soon death to such a person." - damn. I'm partially Necromancer. I don't think she will admire my profession. But on the other hand, it seems I have no other choice.

After few hours of walking, Alterr finally arrived to Benten's Sanctuary of Knowledge. There were few heavy-armed guards standing in front of the building. They seemed to be statues - at least their faces did. These faces like looked completelly unable to show any emotions. When he got closer to entrance, one of them speaked to him...

-STOP. YOU SHALL NOT PASS. I CAN SENSE YOUR NECROMANTIC CAPABILITIES. THERE'S NO PLACE FOR YOUR KIND IN OUR SANCTUARY.

Great. So what should I do now? If I'll attack them, the Norn Oracle will surely disagree to help me.

When Alterr tried to leave the entrance, hoping that he'll find another way in - He's heard loud and soft woman's voice in his head. - Let him in, Thiberius. I need to speak with him at once.

IN TEMPLE

- I think you understand that I've been expecting you. I know that you have many questions. Some of them - I mean those about your past - cannot yet be answered. First you must take care of problems, that you had last days. We haven't got much time. You must escape from here at once. City guards will be here at the moment...

Oracle stopped speaking for the moment. Alterr could hear loud scream, coming from the entrance of the temple.

Open the gate in the name of Sacred Fist order!

Oracle continued:

- As you can see, they are already here. I think it's obvious that they came for you. Sacred Fist is an order of Paladins. But in my opinion, they're only Paladins from their name

Alterr tried to say something, but he couldn't. It appears that Norn didn't allowed him to do that.

My guards will hold them long enough. You must escape by catacombs, underneath this Temple. You and your new friends are much important to Raven's case then I am. While running, I'll menthally explain you everything that you should know about people, that are so much interested in you nowadays. If you want to find answers for other questions, that are tormenting you - first you have to deal with quest, that I'm about to give you...

Alterr felt strange force, that demanded on him to run at once. While running by catacombs, he could hear that guards breached Temple gates. He could also hear the voice of Norn, and see the visions, that she send to him...

Men... people here don't know how to talk, are they?

I thought. Maybe it's because I have all my clothes in black colour and this cloak. Maybe they think I'm an assasin or something. Oh well, just screw that. I really need to rest now and go to City Guard Headquarters, but hey - am I know where it is? No. For now at least. If I was able to get here, then finding city guards building won't be so hard. I just were sitting near to bartender and drinking a mug of water which was quite nice... and cheapiest of all things from this inn.

After that I rent a small room on first floor and get there planning to sleep. Yep, only planning. I were sleeping maybe for five hours. After that, I heard a voice in my head.

Oi! Assassins! Get up! Protect yourself!

- What the... hell? - I said trying to gather myself at once. This thing, said something to me. About assassins. Danger is coming.

My backpack was still under the bed. I grab my sword in right hand and stick in left. Doing that, my attack's won't be strong enought to broke and defense of skilled warrior, but after hearing some words behing the wall I was relieved in some way. The send two novices. From what I heard they already a terrible mistake. They killed that innkeeper and very soon that murder will be revealed. And they didn't knew where they target was. Possibly that was me. Somebody who came to the city in last few days, they said something like that. By guess one of them opened door to my room, but I was ready and he... before I hit him in a head with my stick, his face showed only one emotion - shock. And something like - Oh damn, I'm dead... His body felt to the ground and I jump to corridor to kill second one. At least, I was planning to do that.

He was ready, in warrior state, mid-crouched, stadily holding his short sword. I smiled. There was small chance that I would beat him in fight in place like this, but...

- ASSASSIN! MURDER! - I shouted. I was sure that my voice was heard on street.

- Damn you! - face of my opponent was showing only scare and panic.

- You better run... - I said. Turn around and I will cut trought your body.

In a instant he made few quick jumps to stairs and run down to exit. I tryed to attack him for behind, but he was too quick, but I just run after him and keep shouting words like "Murder! Assassin!" and in respond, hearing that rumor on street was louder. When running out I saw that from other streets are coming city guards. My enemy was staying still and looking around in disbelief. Two of city guards run towards me. I just raised my left hand in signal with no resisting and then pointed at assassin.

- It's him. And second one is inside inn at first floor. They killed innkeeper.

I wondered how long will take for guards to clean this mess out. After that, I will go to their headquarters and ask for a job. Well, beating one of assassins should be nice reccomendation.

------------

mid-crouched ~ pół przykucnięta, w znaczeniu - gotowa do skoku

((naturalnie, sorry za wszelkie błędy ortograficzne, gramatyczne itd etc))

Alterr

"There isn't much time so I'll be as brief as possilbe. You might or might not learn the rest on your own.

The trouble started six months ago. Actually it all began way before that, before any living creature was in these parts of the world, but the important part is that the Dreamer is back. What is the Dreamer? A powerful, but forgotten, god. He used to feast on living creatures' dreams, devouring their bodies in the process, until he was tricked and sent into another place. Coming back took him eons, but he's back now. He played smarter this time and first gathered a handful of god-less cultists to harvest carefully chosen souls for him. And although the city council soon became aware of its citizens vanishing in the night, they could not do anything but appear too late...

And then your group. The cultists somehow messed up and two unexpected people entered the dream-side. A priest and a rogue paladin. And like a small pebble can start an avalanche, their entrance marks the possible beginning of the Dreamer's end.

But it's not set yet. There is much to be done. Each of you that entered his dreamworld and came back is now immune to his influence. But to be able to face him, you need more than that.

There was an artifact. Well, "artifact" isn't the best word, but it has to do. The Guardian, he's called and he helped fight off divine incursions more than once before. I do not know, where the Guardian is now, but you need to find it. Maybe someone at the Wizard's guild will know its current location.

The Dreamer is aware of you though. Even if it can't destroy you directly, his grip on this world is becoming stronger and he'll be able do divert others against you. Other gods can't do anything about it; not directly, anyway.

There is also a handful of other people who can stave off the Dreamer's madness, for various reasons. They might be of help.

Time is of essence. You'll see-"

The contact had ended abruptly. You see the catacombs end in the distance with an exit.

Shadow

Oddly enough, you're taken to James himself for your job interview.

James is an elderly, but undeniably powerful, minotaur. Even though he sits behind a large desk, he's still taller, and wider, than you. He nods at you.

- Yes... yes... So you want to take part in our fine, fine city guard - as he speaks in his booming yet calm voice you realize that he's way smarter than an average person. It's kind of obvious, given his position... - And I must say, I find this prospect rather... amusing. But, I guess I can do you a favor... yes...

He leans back.

- There were some... night time disturbances over the course of the past few months. I have been sending patrols to clean it up, but, alas, they were in vain. So, I'm willing to give you a chance to prove yourself in this one. I can even give you some resources on that, yes... Now, if you'll excuse me... Talk to my first about your needs.

You are guided out of the room. James "first", his right hand man, is waiting for you.

That was one strange... questioning... James knows more than he is letting on, that's certain.

Kariga

As you leave the city, you try and fail to learn anything even remotely personal about Iru as s/he skillfully evades such questions. Those confusing humans. After some travel through the forest, intertwined with occasional philosophical discussion, you reach a place where finally the arrow is pointing straight down. You look around; the forest isn't all that dense here, and there are some moderately large rock formations around. However, you can't see anything resembling an entrance to underground. Guess you have to look around a bit more and hope there's no teleportation spell or amulet necessary.

---

anything but - nic prócz

stave off - zwalczyć (najczęściej chorobę)

booming - donośny, huczący

first (w wojsku) - pierwszy oficer

intertwined - przeplatany

?Are we there??, I ask myself. ?It looks as if yes? But how can we enter the underground? Furthermore, we probably have a company??.

- Iru, stay here for the moment ? I tell him and go a bit to the deep of forest.

When I am far enough Iru, I am looking around in search an intruder. After it ? I will find him/her or not, whatever ? I am hiding behind one of trees. Next, I am casting another spell. I?m resting for the moment ? these spells made me tired. Furthermore, ?Illusion? spell is completely faded? When this short rest ends, I am casting faded spell again and trying to keep it.

Meanwhile, illusion of my human form is walking ahead, probably even near the place where observer might be hidden.

I return later to place where Iru stays.

- Good, Iru. I?m back ? I say. ? Now listen to me. We have to enter the underground. But we have not any entrance here, then it is necessary to find something that will allow us to cover it. Thus, look around in search it and give me to know when you find something. Do you understand?

Not waiting for the answer, I am going into large rock formations and looking around in search? something. I?m checking an earth and area around. However, if there is not any distinguishing marks and it isn?t grassy area? then fireball will go on. Maybe an earth disappear ? then I would check its properties before?

--------------------------------

English-Polish Dictionary

furthermore - ponadto, do tego, co więcej, mało tego

cover - tu: przejść

distinguishing marks - znaki szczególne

properties - właściwości

So, what I'm supposed to do now? I don't have idea where are the others, nor should I seek this artifact, or leave this case alone? Why should I interfere, I didn't asked for being forced to fight Sleeper or something...

But somehow I feel that I should take part in this mess. Strange feeling. Really, strange feeling.

It appears that Necromancers do have conscience...

But from what should I begin? I think finding Kariga would be easiest. He was some kind of Scribe nor Mage, wasn't he? Perhaps it would be wise to ask around about some kind of Arcane University or something in the city...

Some time passed, and Alterr finally found out, that there was place called Academy in Raven. It appears there's no alternative then to begin looking for Mage in school for Mages.

It took a while until Alterr found a rector od Academy. Or just a simple teacher - whatever.

- Excuse me, Sir, Can you help me?

- Yes, what is it?

- I'm looking for a student, who's a friend of mine. His name is Kariga.

- I'm afraid that I cannot help you. You see, i have hundreds of students, and I can't remember every one of them...

Alterr interrupts.

- But I'm sure that not many of your students belong to the Draconian race... Am I right?

That was quite suprising... A minotaur. I guess he must be a powerful warrior.

But after this short brefing I still don't know what I'm supposed to do to solve this case. I'm accepted. That's fine, but leaving a some sort of mercenary hired by city guards without much an information is quite annoying for me... Well, I thought that first should give me some information. When I met him face to face, I started asking about different things about my future mission. I want to be prepared.

- Greetings - I salute. - I'm disposed by James to take care the night disturbances, but 'till now, with all do respect, I don't know a damn thing about this mission. - I'm saying this calmly - So, can I know where exactly this situation occured and in what trouble I can get? And last one, what I'll need for this mission? Overall, what details can you give me, please?

Kariga

One of the rock formations proved to be fake, a mere illusion! It was rather convincing though so passing through it required closing your eyes because of dizzyness. Inside, you find a slightly damp corridor, lighted with generic, glowing crystals. The air is a bit moist and smells somewhat odd. You advance carefully...

Some time later, you walk upon a t-junction. All three paths looks similar and you were about to consult your rune when you heard footsteps ((what did you do then?)). From the left corridor, a man emerges. His black hair and purple clothing look vaguely familiar. You notice he keeps two nasty daggers at his belt and a falchion at his back. He seems rather grim and surprised but does not recognize you yet.

Alterr

The rector is rather annoyed by your behaviour.

- That might be - he sneers - but it's restricted information, and you are not authorized. Kindly leave. Now.

So much for that. You leave for the Wizard's Guild, asking directions on the way.

The entrance to the guild was protected in a simple but ingenious way: all you had to do is cast a rather simple spell at a receptacle and the magical energy opened the gate.

Inside, you spend several hours inquiring carefully about The Guardian. Most of the mages are rather reserved; they feel you're a necromancer and thus most likely a "rival" guild member. Finally though, you find a right person. A bald, wrinkled scholar replies to your question:

- Ohhhhh yes. The Guardian. I... don't have it anymore. It was stolen several weeks ago. We tracked it to a crime lord's mansion. He's no magician but relatively powerful so we decided it would be best to keep it safe... there. If you need it though.... - he describes how to get to the place.

You thank and leave. Not without some minor trouble you finally reach the crimelord's vault in his mansion ((describe how)). Inside, one thing immediatly draws your attention: a maze-like disc of golden metal, about ten inches in diameter. In its centre, a large, clear and polished, amber stone. You gaze into the stone and have a strange feeling. It's hard to describe but kind of like it was staring back at you. Otherwise, no magic of yours manages to probe it.

As you leave the vault, you feel something's wrong. You recieve a strong vision.

A corridor.

A hideout.

Forest.

In two days.

Be there.

You realize you now know the location of a vague, hidden dungeon some distance away. You also realize this is geas so no force can prevent you from getting there.

((describe the passing two days))

Shadow

- The deal is such - he gives you a sealed letter. - A top psychic of ours has recieved a clear and important vision not long ago. It involves several individuals, including yourself, and a possibility of averting a major disaster. In the vision trance, the psychic wrote down this letter; do not open it until you're all together; she also told us where you need to go first.

He clears his throat and continues.

- There's a cult hideout in the forest. Two days from now, something important will happen, and you must be there. We'll provide you with a map, weapon, armor and supplies of your choosing, within reasonable limits, of course.

((what happens before you enter the forest?))

---

geas - to może nie być jasne; geas pojawia się czasem w fantasy; jest to coś w rodzaju wewnętrznego przymusu do wykonania jakiegoś zadania, a jednocześnie przepowiednia, bo nawet bogowie nie mogą niedopuścić do spełnienia się geas.

How can everybody tell that I'm a Necromancer? I thought that I'm hiding my true indentity good enough. So.. I see there's no point in hiding anymore. Also it appears that people in this lands haven't got too big problems with toleration about Necromancy. I mean, though they still don't like my powers, they also don't try to lynch me because of them.

Alterr continued his travel to crimelord's mansion. When he thought that nothing interesting was about to happen, he could see a human's corpse from distance, with a lot of vultures around it. When he came closer, he's found out that the voltures were.... undead.

Geez, so even those creatures can actually become undead? I think that's quite weird. Corpse-eating undead birds... it looks like some kind of flying species of ghouls...

Sudennly, one of the vultures stopped eating for a while, and started to stare at the Alterr's eyes. It appears that he acknowledged Alterr as a rival for his dead meal.

Alterr had bad feeling about this. Before he could make any action, vulture rapidly stabbed him into his left arm, and finding out that he attacked a wrong person (Alterr started to cast magic bolt spell), escaped. The rest of vultures followed him.

Alterr has felt quite weird kind of pain in stabbed arm. He's took off his coat, to look for the wound.

It didn't looked too bad - just like a wound after a little stronger bite of a dog. The problem was that inside a wound, he could have noticed some kind of dark-green liquid. He tried to clean the wound, hoping that it wasn't too late, when he....

Hhhhrrrrrmmmm.....rrrhhhhhhhh...rhhhyyyyyy

...heard something weird behind him.

It was a corpse.

So it looks that vulture's poison makes person undead after his death. So Alterr has became the Marked One.

The poison wasn't dangerous for victim's life. It was dangerous for people that could meet him after his death.

Alterr didn't heard about any way to cure this poison. If he had ever died, there was cursed eternal undead life waiting for him. Without conscience, withous target, point or feelings. Just empty exsistance.

But he's heard that that curse can have another effect on persons, which will decide to make use from her. For Necromancers... some of them even have chosen themselves to became a victims of that curse.

After a short while, wound has got healed, and a green skull mark has appeared on Alterr's wounded arm.

Alterr already knew, what he should do now, but he decided to find The Guardian in crimelord's mansion first.

Rest of the travel has gone without any troubles nor adventures, so Alterr has finally found himself before the crimelord's mansion. Alterr has used sewers to enter vault underneath mansion. The book has lied just in the centre of the room.

After taking the book, Alterr could felt stron wave of magical energy. Dark energy. It appears that book cursed with Undead Guardians spell. After short while, Alterr could hear noise and scream of dead, being awakened by spell. There was very little time, until the vault was about to become full of undead zombies and skeletons. He had to run.

But he suddenly noticed something weird. A maze-like disc of golden metal, about ten inches in diameter. In its centre, a large, clear and polished, amber stone. While gazing at it, he'd strange feeling that the stone was staring back on him.

But there was no time for exploring architecture of vault, so Alterr's started to run. While leavin vault to sewers, he'd strong vision.

A corridor.

A hideout.

Forest.

In two days.

Be there.

And he's realized he now knows the location of a vague, hidden dungeon some distance away. He also realize this is geas so no force can prevent you from getting there.

So that was the chance, for making use of a curse and a mark. Nothing can stop him from getting to that dungeon. The geas was now irrelevant, when Alterr has realized that now he has a chance to know one of the greatest secrets of the necromancy.

Becoming a Pale Master.

That was a thing, he was thinking about since many years. Always it appeared to be too scary and impossible to realize, when suddenly, everything has started to help him to become a Pale Master.

There was no doubt, that Alterr was in favor of Undead God of the Liches - Velsharoon.

It appears that was his destiny. The curse, geas, and now the vault full of undead.

Becoming Pale Master, besides requiring great skills in Necromancy, required from a person to have a Mark of the curse, and to spend 36 hours (one day and a half) in company of uncontrolled undead, without getting killed. Last requirement was necessary, because a transformation to a Pale Master required from the one unity with a death, and understanding a true nature of undead. When achieved that, no uncontrolled undead would dare to attack a Pale Master.

So the escape from the vault was unnecessary. Alterr wasn't going to die killed by undead, because geas made it impossible for the moment. Alterr stopped escaping, and nealed on the ground underneath him. Before he started to meditate, he noticed that all undead made a circle around him. None of them attacked.

36 hours have passed.

Udead skeletons and zombies still were standing around Alterr.

Alterr has felt... different. He could ... feel the presence of undead around him. He knew that he can now try to take control over them. However, it was unnecessary. Before leaving the vault, he looked on his marked arm. It beared signs of decay.

So the transformation was complete. However, Alterr didn't know how to use his new Pale Master abilities. It's like an acrobatics skill - he can learn them any moment, but before doing it, he doesn't know how to use them. It will take some time to achieve full control over his new skills.

But for now, he must go to the dungeon showed by vision.

And he finally arrives there... just a two hours before the time.

Gość
Temat jest zablokowany i nie można w nim pisać.

• Kto przegląda   0 użytkowników

• Brak zalogowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.

• Utwórz nowe...